Preparing Christmas dinner is something I look forward to every year, however I often get in a rut serving the same recipes year after year. If you are anything like me, you are looking for a new recipe to serve. These Christmas Dinner Ideas including appetizers, main dishes, sides, salads, drinks and desserts are sure to help!
Welcome to Day 85 of the 100 Days of Homemade Holiday Inspiration! Each day we will be inspiring you with recipes, decorating ideas, crafts, homemade gift ideas and much more!
Look no further – I have taken the craziness out of your Christmas Dinner Menu planning! And all of these recipes are easy and sure to please everyone you are serving, whether it’s a crowd or a small family dinner.
Everyone loves appetizers! Whether you are hosting a holiday party, serving appetizers before Christmas dinner, or heading out to a get-together – these Christmas Appetizers should be on your list! They are quick, easy, take few ingredients and easy to prepare and serve.
- Sausage Balls
- Knorr Spinach Dip
- Dried Beef Cheese Ball
- Vegetable Roll Up Recipe
- Compound Butter with Charcuterie Board
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
Looking for even more appetizer recipes, check out these 35+ Holiday Appetizers that are perfect to serve any time, but especially during the holidays.
Often times, the start of the dinner is the main dish. Make one of these spectacular recipes to wow your family for Christmas Dinner.
Christmas Main Dishes
- Crock Pot Ham from Spend with Pennies
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Orange Pork Tenderloin from Let’s Dish
- Rib Roast with Garlic Herb Butter from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Spiral Sliced Ham from The Recipe Rebel
- Garlic Herb Roasted Beef Tenderloin from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Cranberry Crusted Prime Rib from Cupcakes and Kale Chips
These favorite salads are perfect to serve for Christmas dinner.
- Charcuterie Board with Fruit and Vegetables
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- Cranberry Fluff
- Christmas Fruit Salad from Meal Planning Magic
- Watergate Salad
- Christmas Salad from Simply Stacie
The main dishes might be the start of the dinner, but everyone loves the side dishes. Fill your plate with all of the side dishes.
Christmas Side Dishes
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- Baked Asparagus
- Mashed Potatoes from Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Classic Green Bean Casserole from Savory Experiments
- Slow Cooker Green Beans
- Smoked Mashed Loaded Potatoes from Or Whatever You Do
- Peppermint Punch
- Hot Chocolate with Dessert Charcuterie Board
- Cranberry Apple Spritzer
- Eggnog Recipe
- Hot Buttered Rum from Savory Experiments
- Slow Cooker Winter Sangria from The Foodie Affair
Whether you are planning a party or a quiet family dinner, these Holiday Drinks are a great addition! Cocktails for the adults and mocktails for the kiddos are included.
Related: Christmas Party Food
Christmas Dessert Recipes
Cupcakes and Cakes
- Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Hot Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Fondue
- Santa Hat Christmas Cupcakes
- How to Decorate a Store Bought Cake
- Gingerbread House Cupcakes
Related: Christmas Dessert Recipes
- Chocolate Peppermint Pie
- Chocolate Mini Trifles with Peppermint
- White Chocolate Peppermint Party Mix
- Peppermint Snowball Cookies
- Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes
- Peppermint Whoopie Pies
No Bake Treats
- Cream Cheese Mints
- Crock Pot Candy
- Oreo Balls
- Christmas Candy Crunch
- Pretzel Hugs
- Cookie Dough Truffles
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Cake Mix Cookies
- No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Orange Cranberry Cookies
- Mint Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Graham Cracker Log
Other than the Christmas tree, there might not be a more well loved holiday tradition than Christmas Cookies. You will find over 50 Christmas Cookie Recipes including Sugar Christmas Cookies, Easy Christmas Cookies, Decorated Christmas Cookies, and Healthy Christmas Cookies. There is also Traditional, Chocolate, No Bake Christmas Cookies, Cookies with Chocolate Chips and Peppermint Cookies.
Follow along with the 100 Days of Homemade Holiday Inspiration for more simple recipes, easy crafts, homemade gift ideas, decorating tips and much more!