Cake Mix Cookies might just be the easiest cookie you will ever bake. With only three ingredients plus the mint chocolate chips, this cake mix cookies recipe is perfect for your holiday celebration.
Welcome to Day 53 of the 100 Days of Homemade Holiday Inspiration! Each day we will be inspiring you with recipes, decorating ideas, crafts, homemade gift ideas and much more!
Cake Mix Cookies are sure to win the award for the most versatile cookie recipe there is. These are so easy I’m not really sure calling it a “recipe” is even necessary.
Why are Cake Mix Cookies so popular?
- You only need 3 ingredients
- Just by changing the flavor of the cake mix, you can make a variety of cake box cookies
- The options for mix ins are endless
How to make cake mix cookies recipe
Having a cookie recipe that you can whip up quickly and change the flavors is super helpful!
Here are a few tips that I have discovered –
- Be sure that the cake mix does not have any clumps. You can use a fork, whisk or sift it.
- It’s best to use room temperature eggs. If you forget to take them out of the refrigerator, you can add them to a cup of hot water for a few minutes to quickly bring them up to room temperature.
- To make the whoopie pies, add frosting to a decorator bag filled with your favorite flavor of frosting. These Cake Mix Cookies have Dark Chocolate Buttercream in between to make them Whoopie Pies. Then pipe the frosting onto the bottom of one cookie and top with another.
- After trying 12 varieties of Cake Mix Cookies – Deborah from Taste and Tell shares that different flavors of cake mix may bake differently. She also writes that the different sizes of cake mixes doesn’t alter the amount of ingredients added (eggs and oil).
- These cookies are best slightly under baked.
- You can add any chocolate chips, sprinkles or candy that you like to your Cookies. This time I used Mint Chocolate Chips.
Follow along with the 100 Days of Homemade Holiday Inspiration for more simple recipes, easy crafts, homemade gift ideas, decorating tips and much more!
Cake Mix as Cookies
Only 4 ingredients plus frosting to make these fun Mint Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies into Whoopie Pies
- 1 box cake mix - white or any flavor
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 cup mint chocolate chips
- Frosting - store bought or homemade
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray or line with a silicone mat
- Mix together cake mix, eggs and oil
- Stir in additional mix-ins, if desired
- Scoop with cookie dough scoop or teaspoon
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
- Cool completely
- Make frosting and fill decorator bag fitted with a round tip
- Pipe frosting onto bottom of one cookie then top with another
- Store in airtight container
You can also leave the frosting out of these for regular cookies.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 79Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 113mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g