Time is growing close, the Holidays are almost here! While I know you all love to bake, sometimes, we just need a quick and easy dessert, that is of course delicious too! This Chocolate Peppermint Pie is perfect! It’s a very simple recipe, and can be changed with different ingredients for a totally new flavor!
With just a few simple ingredients, this Chocolate Peppermint Pie goes together in minutes – then into the fridge to chill – and in a few hours you have a delicious dessert that looks like you spent hours on.
I have a confession…I LOVE Cool Whip! I know, I know…but honestly, I really do! I always have! They have lots of different flavors now too! During the Summer I love the strawberry to dip fresh fruit in, and the Extra Cream is a favorite too! Oh, and we can’t leave out the Chocolate!! Oh my!
No worries if you happen to not like mint flavor, just leave it out and you have a delectable chocolate pie.
Now let’s chat about the decorations. There are endless ways to decorate the Chocolate Peppermint Pie, but keeping with the Holidays, I decided to add some Chocolate Stars and Peppermint Candies on top of the Cool Whip.
To make the Chocolate Stars –
- Almond Bark (available in the baking aisle near the chocolate chips) or other melting chocolate
- Plastic Squeeze Bottle
- Cookie Sheet
- Wax Paper
- Melt 2-3 squares of Almond Bark in the microwave, it should take about 45 seconds, but start with 20 seconds and stir after every 20 seconds until smooth. I usually stop when there is a few pieces left, then stir until the chocolate is smooth
- Pour chocolate into bottle, and pipe (draw) stars onto wax paper lined cookie sheet
- Place in fridge about 5-10 minutes until set
The Candy Cane Nutcracker is standing guard!
Chocolate Peppermint Pie
Quick and easy no bake pie. Flavors can easily be changed to suit your taste. Recipe from HoosierHomemade.com
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 boxes (4 oz) instant pudding (I used 1 chocolate and 1 vanilla)
- 1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed
Chocolate Stars, optional
- Almond Bark
- Peppermint Pieces or broken Candy Canes
- Pour 2 cups of milk into a bowl or measuring cup
- Whisk in pudding about 2 minutes, mixture will be thick
- Add peppermint extract
- Gently fold in 1/2 tub of Cool Whip (about 1 cup), mix completely.
- Spoon into crust
- Place in fridge to set for at least 3 hours
- Add remaining Cool Whip on to the top
- Garnish with chocolate stars and peppermint, if desired