Time is growing close, the Holidays are almost here! While I know you all love to bake, sometimes, we just need a quick and easy dessert, that is of course delicious too! This Chocolate Peppermint Pie is perfect! It’s a very simple recipe, and can be changed with different ingredients for a totally new flavor!
With just a few simple ingredients, this Chocolate Peppermint Pie goes together in minutes – then into the fridge to chill – and in a few hours you have a delicious dessert that looks like you spent hours on.
I have a confession…I LOVE Cool Whip! I know, I know…but honestly, I really do! I always have! They have lots of different flavors now too! During the Summer I love the strawberry to dip fresh fruit in, and the Extra Cream is a favorite too! Oh, and we can’t leave out the Chocolate!! Oh my!
No worries if you happen to not like mint flavor, just leave it out and you have a delectable chocolate pie.
Now let’s chat about the decorations. There are endless ways to decorate the Chocolate Peppermint Pie, but keeping with the Holidays, I decided to add some Chocolate Stars and Peppermint Candies on top of the Cool Whip.
To make the Chocolate Stars –
- Almond Bark (available in the baking aisle near the chocolate chips) or other melting chocolate
- Plastic Squeeze Bottle
- Cookie Sheet
- Wax Paper
- Melt 2-3 squares of Almond Bark in the microwave, it should take about 45 seconds, but start with 20 seconds and stir after every 20 seconds until smooth. I usually stop when there is a few pieces left, then stir until the chocolate is smooth
- Pour chocolate into bottle, and pipe (draw) stars onto wax paper lined cookie sheet
- Place in fridge about 5-10 minutes until set
The Candy Cane Nutcracker is standing guard!
- 1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 boxes (4 oz) instant pudding (I used 1 chocolate and 1 vanilla)
- 1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed
Chocolate Stars, optional
- Almond Bark
- Peppermint Pieces or broken Candy Canes
- Pour 2 cups of milk into a bowl or measuring cup
- Whisk in pudding about 2 minutes, mixture will be thick
- Add peppermint extract
- Gently fold in 1/2 tub of Cool Whip (about 1 cup), mix completely.
- Spoon into crust
- Place in fridge to set for at least 3 hours
- Add remaining Cool Whip on to the top
- Garnish with chocolate stars and peppermint, if desired