Everyone loves appetizers! Whether you are hosting a holiday party, serving appetizers before Christmas dinner, or heading out to a get-together – these Holiday Appetizers should be on your list! They are quick, easy, take few ingredients and easy to prepare and serve.
Welcome to Day 84 of the 100 Days of Homemade Holiday Inspiration! Each day we will be inspiring you with recipes, decorating ideas, crafts, homemade gift ideas and much more!
These Easy Christmas Appetizers Finger Foods are epic! From dips to cheese trays – to cheese balls to slow cooker appetizers – and many more! We have you covered with these Holiday Appetizers! And let’s not forget those New Year’s parties, these appetizers are perfect for New Year’s Eve too!
Reasons to LOVE Appetizers
- They are easy to prepare – most appetizers take less than 30 minutes to prep and cook
- A little goes a long way – you can make several holiday appetizers to feed a crowd
- Clean up is easy – these easy holiday appetizers take very little prep and use minimal dishes
- They are pretty to serve – creating a spectacular looking Christmas appetizer tray is easier than you think
- Make ahead – HELLO busy Christmas season
- Everyone loves them! You can easily make a meal on appetizers, especially these amazing Christmas appetizers
Dips and Spreads
- Knorr Spinach Dip
- Hot Pepperoni Muffuletta Dip from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Creamy Vegetable Dip Recipe
- Spinach Artichoke Dip from Gimme some Oven
- Cranberry Salsa from Boulder Locavore
- Spicy Smoked Pimento Cheese from Pastry Chef Online
- Five Minute Million Dollar Dip from The Recipe Critic
- Cranberry Jalapeno Salsa from The Foodie Affair
Cheese Ball Recipes
- Dried Beef Cheese Ball
- Cheese Ball Bites from Six Sisters’ Stuff
- Bacon Cheddar Cheese Ball from Homemade in the Kitchen
- Mini Cheese Balls
- Cranberry Orange Cheese Ball from I Heart Naptime
- Christmas Tree Cheese Appetizer from Apron Strings Blog
- Charcuterie Board with Fruit and Vegetables
- Compound Butter with Charcuterie Board
- Veggie Board from Ain’t Too Proud Meg
- Fruit and Cheese Tree Appetizer from Pocket Change Gourmet
- Antipasto Platter from Love and Confections
- Cheese Board from Style your Senses
- Vegetable Roll Up Recipe
- Antipasto Skewers from Dinner at the Zoo
- Grape Crostini Appetizer from Home Cooking Memories
- Mexican Pinwheels from Bread Booze Bacon
- Gluten Free Chip and Guacamole Bites from My Gluten-Free Kitchen
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip Cups from Cupcake Diaries Blog
Easy Holiday Appetizers
- Sausage Balls
- Chex Mix Recipe
- Spinach Artichoke Quinoa Phyllo Bites from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
- Caramelized Onion Bacon Cheese Bites from Flour On My Face
- Pomegranate Brie Pistachio Phyllo Cups from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
- Roasted Shrimp Cocktail from Sarah’s Cucina Bella
Slow Cooker and Baked
- Cranberry Bacon Jam Crostini from Life Tastes Good
- Puff Pastry Appetizer from The Mediterranean Dish
- Slow Cooker Sweet Spicy Sausage from A Night Owl Blog
- Brie with Caramelized Onions, Prosciutto and Fig Jam from What a Girl Eats
- Christmas Tree Puff Pastry with Pesto from Walking on Sunshine
- Slow Cooker Spicy Orange Smokies from Sugar and Soul
Follow along with the 100 Days of Homemade Holiday Inspiration for more simple recipes, easy crafts, homemade gift ideas, decorating tips and much more!
I could totally forgo a big meal and just eat appetizers instead! There are so many great apps on this list that I can’t wait to make!
Right there with you Jocelyn! I love appetizers!
So many great ideas! Love that Christmas tree puff pastry!
Thanks so much Jamielyn!
Thank you, Liz, for including my Pesto Christmas Tree! Everything else looks amazing!
My pleasure! It’s super cute and I bet yummy too!
So many amazing things! I’m going to make my entire menu from this page.
Thanks Sommer! We love having appetizers for dinner too!
This one post takes care of all my holiday food needs! Thank you!
Thanks Rachael! Merry Christmas!
Oh my. This entire list has me drooling. I think we may need to have a dinner made entirely of appetizers just so I can try all the ones I want to make! 🙂
Thanks Kara! Absolutely! At least once a month, we have appetizers for dinner! They are perfect for the holidays!
I love appetizers, I even will sometimes make a few and call it dinner. These are fantastic ideas!
Thanks Andie! Yes! We love having appetizers for dinner, it’s my boys favorite dinner!