You can never go wrong with apples and cinnamon baked in a cake. This Apple Cinnamon Upside Down Cake is perfect for any occasion! Add it to your Thanksgiving Dessert Table and impress your guests. No need to tell them it’s easy to make.
Apples are one of my favorite fruits to bake with, they are super versatile and work well with a lot of flavors. During the Fall we love to add cinnamon for extra flavor, of course everyone loves caramel with apples as well.
This Apple Cinnamon Upside Down Cake is packed with flavor from apples, cinnamon and brown sugar. But it’s really easy to make. It’s also a lighter version, made with Truvia Baking Blend and Brown Sugar Blend.
If you have never tried baking an upside down cake before, you are in for a treat. They are super easy, yet so impress looking – you know – just how I like it!
This cake begins with melted butter on the bottom of the pan. Then to add flavor, but keep the calories down, a good coating of Truvia Brown Sugar Blend. A sliced apple is added, arranged in a circle.
Then the rich batter is spread on top. And into the oven it goes.
After the cake cools for about 10 minutes in the pan, invert onto your serving dish. I added cinnamon whipping cream for an extra special treat.
Truvia Baking Blend, it’s a sugar substitute blend of zero-calorie Truvia natural sweetener and sugar then packaged in a product that’s designed for easy, at-home baking. It also can be substituted for sugar in any recipe by simply using half as much Truvia Baking Blend as you would sugar.
You may also like these Fall Desserts made with Truvia.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Truvia Baking Blend
- 1/4 cup Truvia Brown Sugar Blend
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (splash of vinegar in a measuring cup, fill with milk, let set a couple minutes)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Truvia Brown Sugar Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 medium apple peeled, cored and sliced thinly
Cinnamon Whipping Cream
- 1 (8 oz) tub light whipped topping or real whipping cream
- 1-2 teaspoons of cinnmon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray and flour a 9 inch round cake pan
- In a large bowl, beat 1/2 cup butter until creamy
- Gradually add Truvia Baking Blend and 1/4 cup Brown Sugar Blend beat until fluffy
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition
- Beat in vanilla
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, whisk to blend together
- Add flour mixture alternating with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture
- Melt 1/4 cup butter and spread in pan
- Combine 1/4 cup brown sugar blend with cinnamon , and sprinkle over butter
- Peel, core and slice apple and arrange in single layer on top of brown sugar
- Pour batter over apple slices, spread evenly
- Bake at 350 degrees 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, invert onto serving plate
- Serve warm with cinnamon whipping cream if desired
Try one of these recipes using Truvia Spoonable, Truvia Baking Blend or Truvia Brown Sugar Blend…
- Fruit Dip Fondue
- Frozen Fruit Slush Recipe with Ice Cream
- Cucumber Salad
- Berry Ice Cream Floats
- Lemon Drop Cookies
- Blueberry Orange Bread
- Hot Cocoa Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Cinnamon Pecan Quick Bread
- Pumpkin Pie Fudge
- Homemade Caramel Sauce
- Baked Apple Recipe
- Hard Raspberry Lemonade
- White Chocolate Fudge
- Lemon Berry Cheesecakes
- Sugar Free Fresh Squeezed Lemonade
- Light Blueberry Muffins
- Simple Berry Cobbler
- Cherry Vanilla Fudge
- Meyer Lemon & Strawberry Pie
- Banana Walnut Bread: Starbucks Copycat Recipe
- Tangy Lime Bars
- Cotton Candy Fudge
- Banana Bread Cobbler
- Graham Cracker Log
- How to make Brown Sugar
- Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cherry Almond Bars
- Red Velvet Cupcake Bites
- Pink Velvet Cupcakes
- Double Chocolate Cupcakes