Holiday entertaining doesn’t need to be stressful! Use these Easy Entertaining Tips to save you time and money!
Welcome to Day 83 of the 100 Days of Homemade Holiday Inspiration! Each day we will be inspiring you with recipes, decorating ideas, crafts, homemade gift ideas and much more!
My Mom used to always say “if you want something done in the house, have a party.” While I used to agree with that, and still do somewhat, over the years I have changed my thinking to keep to simple and easy.
Easy Entertaining Tips
- Make a list, check your pantry for items you could use and be organized
- Place everything you have in the house that you will need into a large laundry basket
- Then as you go shopping, add those items to the laundry basket so that everything is in one place and easy to see what you have already
- Stock up – be ready for surprise guests with ingredients in the pantry that can be made in minutes.
- Keep the decorations minimal. These Holiday Lanterns go together in minutes and look gorgeous!
- Prepare as much as you can ahead of time – cheese, fruit, veggies, meat – lots of food can be cut ahead and stored in resealable bags and ready to go
- Create an impressive looking Charcuterie Board. They are super fun to put together and look like you spent hours on them.
- Use your Slow Cooker – no one wants to be stuck in the kitchen while guests are visiting and enjoying the party
- Potluck – ask visitors to bring a dish to share – it’s okay, really! Ask them to bring the dish that is traditional to their family during the holidays. It’s fun for them and for your guests.
- Set up a buffet for guests. It will be easier for you and for them.
Tips for Setting up a Buffet
- Create different levels
- Be sure that the taller pieces are in the back
- By setting out the serving dishes ahead, you will know if you need to gather any more supplies
- Label the dishes so you or someone helping you can quickly fill the dish for serving. I just use sticky notes
These Easy Holiday Appetizers are epic! From dips to cheese trays – to cheese balls to slow cooker appetizers – and many more! We have you covered with these 25+ Easy Holiday Appetizers! And let’s not forget those New Year’s parties, these appetizers are perfect for New Year’s Eve too!
Reasons to LOVE Appetizers
- They are easy to prepare – most appetizers take less than 30 minutes to prep and cook
- A little goes a long way – you can make several holiday appetizers to feed a crowd
- Clean up is easy – these easy holiday appetizers take very little prep and use minimal dishes
- They are pretty to serve – creating a spectacular looking Christmas appetizer tray is easier than you think
- Make ahead – HELLO busy Christmas season
- Everyone loves them! You can easily make a meal on appetizers, especially these amazing Christmas appetizers
Think outside the box – change up the traditional sit down party
Holiday parties don’t always have to be big and grand. Here are 3 ideas for something different
- Host a dessert party rather than a full meal
- Host brunch. Everyone is busy in the evenings with concerts and school events, a morning get-together is perfect. This Breakfast Charcuterie Board would be great!
- Host an appetizer bar and drinks
Cleaning – party ready
The whole house doesn’t have to be perfect. Here are a few cleaning tips…
- Concentrate on the high traffic areas
- Wash windows, not all of them need to be done but entry doors and those in areas where the guests will be congregating should be done
- Clean out the refrigerator a few days prior to your party to make room for all the food
- Clean early with the intent that on or the day before the party all that will be required is a quick swish and swipe
- And don’t forget to scrub the sinks
What easy entertaining tips would you add?
Follow along with the 100 Days of Homemade Holiday Inspiration for more simple recipes, easy crafts, homemade gift ideas, decorating tips and much more!