This mint chocolate lasagna is layered with rich chocolate pudding, mint cream cheese, and an Oreo crust. It’s effortless to put together and will become a family favorite in no time. The peppermint flavor reminds you of Christmas while the green shouts St. Patrick’s Day, turning it into the perfect holiday dessert!
If you are looking for a fun, unique, and no-bake dessert, you have come to the right place.
There is a lot of chilling involved since you have to set every layer. I promise the end result is worth all of the effort. When you cut into this luscious dessert, you will see each and every layer.
Andes mints make the perfect garnish. They are chocolate and mint, and they jazz up the final layer of the whipped topping while connecting all the yummy flavors.
We all love the simplicity of no bake desserts, and dessert lasagna takes those to the next level, without all the fuss.
This Pumpkin Cream Cheese Layered Dessert is a sister to the Andes Mint Dessert Lasagna, and oh SO good!
If you aren’t a pumpkin fan, give this Strawberry Pretzel Salad (although it’s really dessert) a try.
Tips for Making this Mint Chocolate Lasagna
- Don’t skimp out on the chilling of each individual layer. Yes, it’s time-consuming. However, the pudding and whipped topping will begin to run together if they aren’t properly set first. Do your best to be patient!
- Whipped topping is best here. You can use store-bought or homemade whipped cream here, but it also doesn’t hold up.
- Want even more mint flavor? Use mint Oreos instead of the original.
- If you have any leftovers, they must be stored in the refrigerator. They should last up to 2 days.
- Feel free to line your baking dish with parchment paper. Just be prepared for the wrinkles in the paper to make the dessert less smooth around the edges.
- A great tip is using the bottom of a glass to press the Oreos and butter into the bottom of the glass dish. It really packs it together nicely.
- 13×9 glass dish
- Food processor (this makes the Oreos into the perfect crumbs, but you can also put the cookies into a Ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin)
- Hand or stand mixer
- Spatula or large spoon
- Microwave safe bowl
- 2 large bowls (one for the pudding and one for the cream cheese mixture)
Ingredients for Chocolate Mint Dessert
- Oreos: These are essential to make the crust.
- Butter: Unsalted butter is mixed with the Oreos.
- Cream cheese: This is part of the first layer and gives this dessert a cheesecake flavor.
- Sugar: You will need some sugar to sweeten up the cream cheese.
- Peppermint extract: A simple way to get that cool peppermint flavor throughout.
- Whipped topping: Two containers are needed since it goes in multiple layers.
- Green food coloring: When you think of mint, you usually think green. It’s meant for aesthetics.
- Chocolate pudding mix: This is prepared in advance according to package directions.
- Milk: Can’t make pudding without milk!
- Andes Mints: The perfect garnish to tie it all together.
How to Make an Oreo Cookie Crust
Mint Cream Cheese Layer
Chocolate Pudding Layer
How to Make Mint Chocolate Lasagna
- The melted butter and crushed Oreo cookies come together to make an easy chocolate crust, which is the perfect base for this dessert lasagna. Remember to chill in the refrigerator before starting the other layers.
- Cream the cream cheese and sugar together, just so it isn’t grainy. Fold in the whipped topping and the food coloring. Chill again, which you will repeat for every layer to keep them distinct.
- The next layer is the chocolate pudding, Mix the instant pudding with the milk and let it set in the fridge before you spread it over the second layer.
- Finally, the remaining whipped topping and crushed Andes mints on top complete this dessert. Be sure to refrigerate until firm before serving!
Love Mint? Try one of these yummy mint desserts!
Click on the Photo for the Recipe
- 36 oreo cookies
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- First Layer
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 (8oz) container whipped topping, thawed
- Green food coloring
- Second Layer
- 2 small boxes instant chocolate pudding
- 3 cups cold milk
- Top Layer
- 1 (8 oz) container whipped topping, thawed
- Toppings (optional)
- Andes Mints, chopped
- Crush cookies in food processor into fine crumbs
- Add to large bowl
- Melt butter in microwave safe bowl
- Add to cookie crumbs and mix well
- Press into 13x9 glass dish
- Place in refrigerator to chill at least 30 minutes
- Cream together softened cream cheese and sugar until smooth
- Stir in 1 (8 oz) container whipped topping and peppermint extract until smooth
- Add a few drops of green food coloring until desired colored, mix well
- Spread over crust
- Place in refrigerator to chill at least 30 minutes
- In a large bowl stir together the pudding mix and milk until smooth and slightly thickened
- Place bowl in refrigerator for 20-30 minutes to thicken
- Remove from refrigerator and spread over cream cheese layer
- Place in refrigerator to chill at least 15 minutes or until completely set and firm
- Spread remaining whipped topping over chocolate layer
- Garnish if desired with chopped mints
- Place in refrigerator until ready to serve at least 4 hours
- Store leftovers in refrigerator