Ah Fall…the weather begins to cool down, the leaves begin to change, and it’s time to begin baking with all the wonderful flavors – apple, caramel, pecans – oh yes, and pumpkin! Nothing quite compares to a loaf of Pumpkin Bread warm from the oven, or a batch of Pumpkin Cookies with Maple Frosting on top! This Pumpkin Cream Cheese Layered Dessert fits right in with all the luscious Pumpkin Desserts!
This recipe is brought to you by International Delight
This Layered Pudding Dessert recipe is one that I have been making for years, and originally coming from my sister-in-law. Typically I use 1 box of chocolate pudding and 1 box of vanilla pudding, but since we are all ready for delicious Fall Desserts, I decided to change up the flavors and use International Delight Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer.
While I do love pumpkin flavor, I have to be honest and say that I am a bit picky when it comes to pumpkin desserts. For instance, I love Pumpkin Cookies, Cake and Bread but I really don’t like Pumpkin Pie. So this time around when I made this Pumpkin Cream Cheese Layered Dessert, I didn’t add any additional canned pumpkin, just letting the flavor of the creamer do all the work.
This dessert is easy and goes together quickly. The longest amount of time is waiting for the crust to cool, often I make the crust the night before, so I can speed up the process when putting together the layers. The crust is a combination of flour, sugar, butter and nuts. To bring in more of the Fall flavors, I used pecans this time, but you can certainly use walnuts if you want.
Then the first layer is the cream cheese layer, creamed together with sugar and whipped topping until smooth and spread over the crust.
For the pudding layer, I used 2 small boxes of instant French Vanilla pudding, and a combination of milk and International Delight Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer. After whisking until smooth, pour over the cream cheese layer. And into the fridge to set for about 10 minutes.
Finishing with more whipped topping and a good sprinkle of chopped pecans.
Do you love pumpkin? Head on over to the Pumpkin Delight Pinterest Board for more recipes!
- 1 cup flour, all-purpose
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup nuts, pecans or walnuts, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
Cream Cheese Layer
- 1 (8 oz) package Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 of (8 oz) container Cool Whip whipped topping (doesn't have to be exact)
- 2 small boxes Instant French Vanilla pudding
- 1 1/2 cups International Delight Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Remainder of Cool Whip
- Additional Pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix crust ingredients. Dough will be like cookie dough. Spread into 13x9 pan evenly.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown. Cool completely.
- Cream together cream cheese layer ingredients until smooth
- Spread evenly on top of crust
- Whisk together pudding ingredients until smooth
- Pour over cream cheese layer
- Place in fridge to set about 10 minutes
- Top with remaining Cool Whip and chopped pecans
- Store leftovers in fridge
- Dessert can be made up to 24 hours prior to serving
Simple change the flavor of pudding for a different taste.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.