Are you looking for a fun and easy gift idea for teachers, co-workers, or neighbors? These Marshmallow Snowmen and Hot Cocoa Gift Idea are super easy and the kids can help make the snowmen too!
Welcome to Day 43 of the 100 Days of Homemade Holiday Inspiration! Each day we will be inspiring you with recipes, decorating ideas, crafts, homemade gift ideas and much more!
Creating these marshmallow snowmen is easy and fun. Add them to a To Go Cup along with Hot Cocoa Mix for a fun gift, or let the kids get creative and make the snowmen for movie night with Hot Chocolate. It would be a fun craft while watching The Polar Express.
They would also be a really cute take home gift for guests at a cookie exchange or decorating party.
- Marshmallows – regular size
- Tootsie Roll – for the hat
- Rolo candy – for the hat
- Pretzel Sticks – for the arms
- Sprinkles – black for eyes and mouth, green or any color for buttons, orange for the nose and a snowflake for the hat
- Melting chocolate or Almond Bark for the “glue”
- Skewer – to hold the snowman together – 6 inch works best
- Microwave safe bowl to melt chocolate
- Small round cutter or knife to cut the brim of the hat
How to Make Marshmallow Snowmen
To make the Hat
- Warm a mini Tootsie Roll in your hand until it becomes soft and you can mold it easily.
- Roll out the Tootsie Roll and cut it into a circle. You can use a small round cookie cutter, or anything that is round and sharp, the size you want it. Or cut it with a sharp knife.
- Melt a small amount of chocolate in the microwave
- Attach the Rolo to the circle of Tootsie Roll with a very small amount of chocolate
- Then attach the Snowflake sprinkle to the hat with a very small amount of chocolate
To make the Snowmen
- Thread 3 marshmallows onto the skewer
- Using the toothpick, make a hole for the sprinkles – for the face and buttons, then immediately push the sprinkle into the hole you just created
- Break a pretzel stick to the length you want the arms, and push them into place
- Attach the hat with a small amount of melted chocolate
To make the Hot Cocoa To Go Cup
- Cups – you can use to go cups or regular mugs. I found the ones I used at Home Goods.
- Hot Cocoa Mix – or you can make your own and add it to a small jar or bag
- Mini Marshmallows
- Add the hot cocoa mix to the cup
- Fill the cup with mini marshmallows
- Push the Marshmallow Snowmen into the cup
- Then add a few more mini marshmallows to fill the cup
If you are taking these hot cocoa cups as gifts, you could place them in a cellophane bag and tie a ribbon around them.
To finish them, you can also add a dusting of powdered sugar.
Follow along with the 100 Days of Homemade Holiday Inspiration for more simple recipes, easy crafts, homemade gift ideas, decorating tips and much more!
Looking for more easy gift ideas? Click on the photo for the recipe.