Hands down the best Banana Bread Recipe I have ever made. Moist and full of flavor, this is a classic recipe that you must try!
In my home, bananas never go to waste. We prefer to eat them when they are bright yellow with a little bit of green and barely any brown as a snack or with some natural peanut butter. But when they start to go brown, they get diced up into cereal, especially oatmeal. If they go really brown, well that means it is time to bake some banana bread! (This is my favorite loaf pan! And this spatula is a must have while baking!)
February is Heart Health month and I’m always trying to find ways to keep my heart as healthy as possible. I exercise often, keep an eye on my salt intake and eat a balanced diet full of heart healthy foods.
One great ingredient that is sure to help my heart are nuts. Fisher Nuts have nine types of nuts that have been certified by the American Heart Association as heart healthy; pecan halves, chips and chopped, walnuts halves, pieces, chips and chopped, whole natural almonds, sliced and slivered almonds.
Including walnuts in our Banana Bread was just the perfect way to help keep our hearts healthy while enjoying a delicious treat.
This Banana Bread is great for breakfast with a cup of coffee or as dessert, if you can keep it around the house long enough. It always seems to disappear quickly around here.
Banana Bread freezes great, so anytime you have extra bananas that are going bad, whip up a batch or two of this Banana Bread with heart healthy walnuts and freeze a batch for later.
Here are 3 more fan favorite recipes using Fisher Nuts
Moist banana bread packed with flavor! Enjoy for breakfast, snack or dessert.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 1
- Category: Quick Bread
- 2 cups MINUS 2 tablespoons Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Oil (I used Corn Oil which is Heart Healthy)
- 2 Eggs
- 3 very ripe Bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Fisher Walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a bread pan with non-stick cooking spray
- In a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients; flour, sugar, baking soda and salt
- Add oil and eggs, one at a time. Beat after each addition
- Add mashed banana and vanilla, beat well
- Fold in nuts
- Pour into pan ( recipe makes 1 regular loaf (9×5) or 3-4 mini loaves)
- Bake at 350 degrees – regular loaf 50-60 minutes or mini loaves 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
Love to Bake?
Me too! Sign up now for a FREE recipe guide for every season!