Strawberries are my favorite fruit, not only because they are delicious, but they are also so versatile. There are endless desserts you can make with them! And they are also perfect on salads too. Recently, after I made this Homemade Strawberry Glaze to go on top of the Chocolate Chip Strawberry Pizza, I knew it was a recipe to keep around. The recipe goes together quickly and can be used on a variety of your baked treats.
Depending on how chunky you want your glaze, and how you plan on using it, you can put it through a sieve or the food processor. We used the food processor because it was quicker, and it worked great. Just make sure you do this after the mixture is cooked and put together.
With just a few simple ingredients, you can make your own Homemade Strawberry Glaze. First, you will need Strawberries (of course), then cornstarch for thickening, sugar for flavor, water to thin it a bit, and the food coloring is optional (I used it).
You can use this Homemade Strawberry Glaze on these desserts…
- 1 cup fresh Strawberries, cleaned and mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- Few drops Red Food Coloring, optional
- Mash the Strawberries and set aside
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch
- Stir in water and mashed berries
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly
- Stir in food coloring if desired
- Cook and stir 3 minutes until thick
- Remove from heat and transfer to bowl, cool 10-15 minutes
- If strawberries are not smooth, you can either put them through a sieve and smash them or use the food processor.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 58Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 0g
Affiliate links used.