With only a handful of supplies, you can create this simple Christmas craft in under 15 minutes. And the kids can help too!
Welcome to Day 24 of the 100 Days of Homemade Holiday Inspiration! Each day we will be inspiring you with recipes, decorating ideas, crafts, homemade gift ideas and much more!
These Santa pots can be used for a number of things, especially for gift giving. They take just minutes to make and the kids will have a great time helping to make them.
- Terra Cotta Pots – any size will work
- Red Paint
- White Paint
- Paint brushes
- Hot Glue Gun or regular glue if the kids are helping
How to create these Santa pots
- Paint the bottom portion of the pot with the red paint
- Let the pot dry, it won’t take long, about 5 minutes
- Paint the rim of the pot with white paint
- Let it dry
- Glue the buttons on with the hot glue gun or regular Tacky glue if the kids are helping
- Let dry completely, about 5 minutes
Once the pots are dry, it’s time to fill them and give as gifts, or keep them for a fun Christmas display on your table.
Here are a few ideas for you –
- Fill a bag with White Chocolate Peppermint Chex Mix, add a couple mini candy canes and give as a gift
- Add Peppermint sticks or other store bought candy and give as a gift
- Fill a bag with Oreo Balls, add to the pot and give as a gift
- Grab the Random Acts of Kindness Advent Calendar, make a bunch of these pots and give them to people you see
- Let the kids help make a batch of Christmas Popcorn, then add to the pot for a gift
Follow along with the 100 Days of Homemade Holiday Inspiration for more simple recipes, easy crafts, homemade gift ideas, decorating tips and much more!