Ahh…chocolate and strawberry…they go together like milk and cookies, like peanut butter and jelly, like chips and dip – you get the idea. So it only made perfect sense to combine chocolate and strawberry in these decadent truffles. They are easy to make, are a perfect gift and go together quickly…and did I mention – they are delicious!
You gotta love a dessert that looks impressive but it’s really easy! I love making Gourmet Chocolate Dipped Strawberries, they look so impressive on your dessert table, but are super easy to make. These Chocolate Strawberry Truffles are equally impressive looking, but with just a few ingredients, you can have them ready in a snap!
The centers of the truffles are soft and creamy, and the addition of chopped of almonds gives them a little crunch. You could also roll them in powdered sugar for a different flavor.
Creating gift baskets with special treats for family and friends is something I love to do. It really doesn’t matter what holiday, whether it’s Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, Halloween or even Christmas, adding delicious baked goods like these Chocolate Strawberry Truffles to gift baskets is perfect!Print
Sweet treat that is perfect for gift giving or to serve at a party. Recipe from HoosierHomemade.com
- 2 milk chocolate candy bars – 7 ounces each (I used giant sized Hershey’s)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 cup strawberry spreadable fruit
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup toasted almonds, chopped
- Chop chocolate in food processor or with knife into small pieces, and place in large bowl
- In a small saucepan, heat whipping cream just to a boil
- Pour over chocolate and stir until smooth
- Stir in spreadable fruit and vanilla until combined
- Transfer to small bowl, cool to room temperature and place in fridge to chill until firm, about 3 hours
- Shape into balls using a 1 tablespoon cookie dough scoop, roll in chopped almonds
Total time includes chilling time. Keep refrigerated in airtight container. Truffles can be made up to one week in advance.
Recipe can easily be doubled or tripled