It’s Fall! And pumpkin season! Let the baking begin! These moist Pumpkin Cupcakes are full of rich flavor and topped with a luscious Cream Cheese Frosting.
I have a little confession to make, I don’t like Pumpkin Pie – well, except I did like the Maple Pumpkin Pie, it was delicious. But I do love pretty much all other Pumpkin Desserts – Pumpkin Cream Cheese Layered Dessert, Pumpkin Cookies and Pumpkin Muffins are just a few of my favorites.
Oh and of course, Pumpkin Cupcakes. You can never go wrong with cupcakes, right?
These Pumpkin Pie Spice Cupcakes start with a yellow cake mix, and for added flavor canned pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg. And for even more flavor, I added a secret ingredient instead of the water – International Delight Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer. The cupcakes are mixed like you normally do, divided into the liners and baked.
Then I frosting them with a simple swirl of Cream Cheese Frosting and sprinkle of chopped pecans.
The other great thing about this recipe is that you can serve the cupcakes several different ways.
- Leave the frosting off and the Pumpkin Cupcake becomes a delicious Pumpkin Muffin
- Add Buttercream Frosting instead of Cream Cheese Frosting for a totally different taste
- Add about 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips to the batter before baking
- Add a streusel topping, like my favorite Pumpkin Muffins recipe
- Add cinnamon to the frosting of your choice for more Fall flavor
- And lastly, how about chocolate frosting
Any way you serve them, they are delicious! But my favorite – curled up with a good book, a cup of coffee with Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer and a cupcake.
I love baking with the International Delight Creamers, here are a few of my favorites…
Cream Cheese Frosting