It’s Fall! And pumpkin season! Let the baking begin! These moist Pumpkin Cupcakes are full of rich flavor and topped with a luscious Cream Cheese Frosting.
I have a little confession to make, I don’t like Pumpkin Pie – well, except I did like the Maple Pumpkin Pie, it was delicious. But I do love pretty much all other Pumpkin Desserts – Pumpkin Cream Cheese Layered Dessert, Pumpkin Cookies and Pumpkin Muffins are just a few of my favorites.
Oh and of course, Pumpkin Cupcakes. You can never go wrong with cupcakes, right?
These Pumpkin Pie Spice Cupcakes start with a yellow cake mix, and for added flavor canned pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg. And for even more flavor, I added a secret ingredient instead of the water – International Delight Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer. The cupcakes are mixed like you normally do, divided into the liners and baked.
Then I frosting them with a simple swirl of Cream Cheese Frosting and sprinkle of chopped pecans.
The other great thing about this recipe is that you can serve the cupcakes several different ways.
- Leave the frosting off and the Pumpkin Cupcake becomes a delicious Pumpkin Muffin
- Add Buttercream Frosting instead of Cream Cheese Frosting for a totally different taste
- Add about 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips to the batter before baking
- Add a streusel topping, like my favorite Pumpkin Muffins recipe
- Add cinnamon to the frosting of your choice for more Fall flavor
- And lastly, how about chocolate frosting
Any way you serve them, they are delicious! But my favorite – curled up with a good book, a cup of coffee with Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer and a cupcake.
I love baking with the International Delight Creamers, here are a few of my favorites…
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/2 cup International Delight Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs, room temp
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Chopped pecans, optional for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place liners in muffin tin
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and beat until smooth
- Divide into liners, about 2/3 full
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Cool completely
- Sift powdered sugar to remove any large pieces (note: you do not have to do this, but I think it makes a creamer frosting)
- Place softened cream cheese in a large bowl and beat until smooth
- Gradually add powdered sugar, alternating with vanilla
- Beat until smooth
- Frost cupcakes and sprinkle with chopped pecans or other garnish
- Store leftover cupcakes in fridge
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.