With just 2 ingredients and 10 minutes of your time, you can whip up this Easy Chocolate Fondue for Valentine’s Day or any other occasion.
Fondue has long been known as a communal pot where dipping long-stemmed forks with bread into the cheese is quite popular. Since the 1950’s though, the name fondue has been generalized to other dishes such as Chocolate Fondue.
It all sounds rather fancy, but is actually very easy. This Chocolate Fondue has only 2 ingredients and takes less than 10 minutes to put together. After making the Chocolate Fondue, you can add it to this fun Chocolate Fondue Maker. Or if you don’t have one, just melt the chocolate with a can of Sweetened Condensed Milk on the stove for this fun treat.
My boys love Fondue, especially for a special occasion. Over the last several years, we have been enjoying Fondue for Valentine’s Day. It’s a delicious treat on a special day for the whole family. I typically serve pieces of bread, meat and veggies, you could also served Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and cut them into small pieces for dipping.
Perhaps you are Cooking for Two for Valentine’s Day, Fondue is perfect. And for dessert, Chocolate Fondue with Marshmallows, Fruit and Cookies for dipping.
Let the fun begin with this 2 ingredient treat for any occasion. Recipe from HoosierHomemade.com
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups
- 1 can (14 oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 1/2 cups Chocolate Chips (semi-sweet or milk chocolate)
- Combine ingredients in a small saucepan on the stove
- Stir and cook over medium-low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth
- Transfer chocolate to Fondue Pot or serving bowl
- Serve with Marshmallows, Strawberries, Pineapple and/or Cookies