Even though we don’t live in New Orleans, nor have I ever been there, I just love any excuse to create family memories for any holiday! Celebrating Mardi Gras on Fat Tuesday is one of those times.
These Jello Shots are as fun to make as they are to eat. They are family friendly, but I have also included the recipe for you to add alcohol in case you are hosting an adult party.
Just like the Candy Corn Jello Shots for Halloween and the Irish Jello Shots for St. Patrick’s Day, these Mardi Gras Jello Shots have layers of jello, topped with Cool Whip and a few sprinkles for color.
Serving the Jello Shots in small plastic 2 ounce cups from the Party Store is fun, but you can certainly use the same recipe and layer the Jello in a glass bowl.
And if you are looking for some fun Mardi Gras necklaces, masks or decorations, The Dollar Tree has lots to choose from.
- 1 small box lemon jello
- 1 small box grape jello
- 1 small box lime jello
- 3 packets (4½ tablespoons) Knox unflavored gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water
- Cool Whip
- Sprinkles for garnish, optional
- In a small bowl, combine lime jello and 1 packet of unflavored gelatin, stir
- Add 1 cup boiling water and stir 2 minutes or until dissolved
- Add jello to shot glasses, fill about ⅓ way
- Place in fridge for at least 20 minutes, longer is fine
- Repeat with 1 cup boiling water, lemon jello and unflavored gelatin, and then grape jello
- Fill shot glasses and place in fridge for at least 20 minutes for each layer
- Up to 1 hour before serving, add Cool Whip to the top and sprinkles if you like
- Add 1 cup boiling water to 1 box of Jello and stir to dissolve.
- Add ¾ cup vodka and ¼ cup cold water, stir to combine
- Add to shot glasses and chill
- Note - this is for a single flavor
Looking for more Mardi Gras Recipes? We have 24 for you on Pocket Change Gourmet