These Lemon Cheesecake Muffins are packed with flavor, but have less sugar! Serve for your Easter brunch, Spring party, weekend breakfast or pack in lunches! The Streusel Topping is delicious too!
My friends, if you love lemon, cheesecake, and muffins this is the PERFECT recipe for you! I am telling you, this combination is just like a little piece of heaven, not to mention there is less sugar than normal.
There are three parts to this recipe, but don’t let that scare you away. Each part has simple ingredients that are a cinch to put together. It will just look like you’ve spent hours in the kitchen baking.
The base of the muffins is a very basic recipe with flour, milk, eggs and butter. Lemon juice, lemon extract and salt for a little flavor. And Truvia Baking Blend, it’s a sugar substitute blend of zero-calorie Truvia natural sweetener and sugar then packaged in a product that’s designed for easy, at-home baking. It also can be substituted for sugar in any recipe by simply using half as much Truvia Baking Blend as you would sugar.
I have shared lots of recipes with you using Truvia, it’s a favorite around here.
Hand me a spoon! Next comes the cheesecake filling. It’s light and and has a little zing from the lemon juice.
Now it’s time to put together the streusel topping. The ingredient are like a standard streusel recipe – flour, butter and instead of brown sugar, Truvia Brown Sugar Blend. A while back, before they came out with the Brown Sugar Blend, I made my own. It’s nice that I can buy it already made.
Sprinkle on the streusel and into the oven they go!
These Lemon Cheesecake Muffins are delicious any time, but with the Easter holiday coming up, they are perfect for your Easter brunch. Here are a few more recipes that will be great for Easter…
Lemon Cheesecake Muffins
Lemon Cheesecake Muffins – these muffins are packed with flavor, but have less sugar! Serve for your Easter brunch, Spring party, weekend breakfast or pack in lunches! The Streusel Topping is delicious too!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 38 minutes
- Yield: 12
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup Truvia Baking Blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons Truvia Baking Blend
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup Truvia Brown Sugar Blend
- Preheat oven to 375 and line 12 muffin cups with a paper liner or grease. Set aside.
- Beat butter, Truvia Baking Blend, salt, extract and lemon juice with a mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time until combined.
- Add in vanilla and milk.
- Stir in flour.
- Fill muffin cups 1/2 full with batter.
- Beat Truvia Baking Blend and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add lemon juice, vanilla and egg yolk and mix well.
- Spoon one tablespoon of filling into prepared muffin pans.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Add butter, flour and Truvia Brown Sugar Blend to a bowl.
- Use a pastry blender to create moist crumbs.
- Spoon crumbs on top of the muffins and press into batter.
- Bake 15-18 minutes. Cool before serving. Store airtight in the refrigerator.