Homemade Chicken N’ Noodles…an oldie but goodie!
I’ve shared this recipe before, it’s been a long time though, in fact, May 2009! I think it’s time to share again…don’t you think?
I’ve made Chicken N’ Noodles lots of different ways, but I always seem to keep coming back to this recipe. When you boil the chicken, it just adds so much more flavor to the Noodles.
- 1 whole chicken (I buy mine at Aldi’s, usually around $4)
- Onions, celery and carrots, chopped roughly
- Salt, Pepper, Parsely flakes (any other seasoning you like)
- 2 bags of wide noodles
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 can of milk
- Place chicken in a very large pot with vegetables and cover with water.
- Add seasonings.
- Bring to boil, and allow to boil for about 30 minutes, then turn to low and cook for 2-3 more hours. This will make a really great stock, that you will use to cook the noodles.
- Drain chicken, saving stock. You don’t need the veggies, they are just for flavor.
- Cook noodles in stock, drain, save stock.
- While the noodles are cooking you can de-bone the chicken.
- Add soup and milk to the noodles.
- Stir in chicken pieces. You may need to add a little stock to the Chicken N’ Noodles, if they are too dry.
Serve with Mashed Potatoes, a Veggie and some rolls for a perfect hearty meal that your family is sure to love!
Our Weekly Menu Plan:
25 ~ Chicken N’ Noodles, Mashed Potatoes, Corn
26 ~ Tuna Casserole
27 ~ Beef & Bean Chimichangas ($5 Dinners recipe) and Salad
28 ~ Italian Dunkers, Soup
29 ~ Sloppy Joes and Oven Fries
30 ~ Halloween Party
31 ~ Trick or Treat Night – Leftovers from Party
I’m linking to…Eat at Home