Beginning with a soft, cookie like crust, creamy peanut butter frosting and topped with Peanut Butter Cups and REESE’S Pieces Candies, these Peanut Butter Cup Bars are sure to become a family favorite!
Bar cookies are hands down my favorite to bake. They are really quick and easy, perfect for parties, potlucks or to give as gifts. The combination of Peanut Butter and Chocolate is one of my favorite too! And anytime I can add Peanut Butter Cups to cookies, that is definitely a plus!
These Peanut Butter Cup Bars start with a crust made from a white cake mix, butter and egg. Then a delicious Peanut Butter Frosting that is sweetened with honey and brown sugar. At this point you could certainly add whatever toppings you choose.
Rich and creamy bar cookie that goes together in a snap! Original recipe from HoosierHomemade.com
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 white box cake mix
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup REESE'S Minis Peanut Butter Cups, cut in half
- 1 cup REESE'S PIECES Candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray a 13x9 pan with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients with a spatula, mix well
- Dough will be very stiff
- Press dough evenly into prepared pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15-17 minutes or until golden brown
- Cool completely
- In a large mixing bowl, blend together cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth
- Add the peanut butter, honey and vanilla and mix until smooth
- Spread evenly on cookie crust
- Cut the REESE's Peanut Butter Cup Minis in half, sprinkle over Peanut Butter Cream Filling
- Sprinkle with REESE'S PIECES Candies
- Cut into bars
These cookies are rich, so cut them small.
Here are a few of my favorite Bar Cookies you may also like…