It’s that time of year – time to head to the apple orchard, pick apples and enjoy all the recipes that are available right now. We are blessed to have many apple orchards here in Northwest Indiana and they are ready for picking.
This Apple Bread boasts all the flavors of Fall with delicious Fuji apples and apple pie spice.
Quick bread is definitely some of the easiest bread you can make. Typically the bread goes together in minutes and has many different flavors, a couple of my favorites are Pumpkin Bread and Zucchini Bread, I have made both many, many times and we love them.
Gooseberry Patch is one of my favorite cookbook authors, this Apple Bread is adapted from Sunday Dinner at Grandma’s Cookbook.
Yields 2 - 8x4 bread pans, or 1 bread pan and 2 mini loaves
Delicious recipe with the flavors of Fall. Recipe from HoosierHomemade.com
10 minPrep Time
50 minCook Time
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice ( recipe here )
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup oil
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Fuji apples, cored, peeled and diced small
- 3/4 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray 8x4 bread pans with cooking spray
- Sift together dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices
- In a large bowl, blend together eggs, oil, sugars and vanilla
- Gradually add the dry ingredients and blend
- Peel, core and cut the apples and pecans, fold into batter
- Pour batter into prepared pans
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean