Breakfast – Lunch – or Dinner – there is something about breakfast food that is simply comforting. This Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole is filled with the ultimate comfort foods – eggs, Canadian bacon, tater tot potatoes and cheese!
Welcome to Day 76 of the 100 Days of Homemade Holiday Inspiration! Each day we will be inspiring you with recipes, decorating ideas, crafts, homemade gift ideas and much more!
One of my favorite things to do is cook a big breakfast, sit around the table and enjoy family time. As the years go by, our breakfast time gets later and later, that happens with teenagers, you know. So lately, our big breakfast time has been mostly on a holiday. And since treasuring the time I have with the boys is important, I often seem to whip up something easy so I can spend more time with them. This Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole was perfect! It doesn’t take a lot of time to put together, it can be made ahead and ready to put into the oven, and of course, it was delicious!
I have made a Breakfast Casserole with hash browns several times before, but this is the first time I tried it with tater tots, and it received rave reviews from the boys.
The other new ingredient, that I haven’t used before in a casserole is the Canadian Bacon. You can also use sausage or bacon.
Follow along with the 100 Days of Homemade Holiday Inspiration for more simple recipes, easy crafts, homemade gift ideas, decorating tips and much more!
- 1 (8 oz) package Canadian Bacon
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (32 oz) bag tater tots, frozen
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Swiss Cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups (12 oz) Cottage Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 13x9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray (see notes for make-ahead version)
- Saute onion in a small amount of oil on the stove top
- While the onion is cooking, cut the Canadian bacon into small pieces
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, salt, pepper and cheeses, stir well
- Stir in tater tots, bacon and cooked onion
- Transfer to baking dish
- Bake uncovered for 40-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean
You can make this casserole up ahead, just cover tightly and store in the fridge. To bake, remove from fridge and set on counter for 20-30 minutes, then cook as directed in the recipe.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 288Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 188mgSodium: 726mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 20g