These easy to make and easy to eat Taco Cups are a great appetizer for any occasion, and easy enough for a weeknight dinner. With a handful of ingredients, and about 10 minutes, you can have these mini tacos ready to serve!
If your family loves tacos – and who doesn’t – they will love these Taco Cups! They are bite sized and perfect for an appetizer, or add multiple appetizers for a fun dinner.
The Taco Cups are full of flavor, easy to eat, and really satisfying! They are filling enough to be dinner – a dinner of all appetizers is my favorite kind! You can eat these plain or dunk them in salsa or sour cream.
To keep it super easy, these Mini Taco Cups are made with Scoops chips, another fun idea are Wonton Tacos made with wonton wraps.
How to make Mini Tacos
- Begin by making your favorite taco meat. Here is what we like – brown 1 pound of ground beef or turkey and drain it, then add salsa and taco seasoning
- Lay out the mini taco shells onto a cookie sheet or in a muffin tin – we like to use Scoops chips, you can also cut a tortilla shell into a round circle, or use wontons
- Next, spread refried beans into the chips
- Top with the meat and sprinkle with cheese
10 minutes in the oven and your Taco Cups are ready! I love that these are bite sized – and you don’t even really need a plate!
Serve the Taco Cups with sour cream, salsa, green onions and any of your favorite Mexican toppings.
Looking for more fun appetizers to serve at your next party? Click on the photo for the recipe.
Perfect for an appetizer, snack for Movie Night, or even a side dish for Mexican night.
- Tostitos Scoops Chips
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 1 cup of Salsa
- 1 can Refried Beans – you will use about ¼ of the can
- 1 cup Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese
- Toppings – sour cream, green onions and cilantro, optional
- Cook and drain ground beef, add taco seasoning and salsa, continue to cook taco meat
- Set Scoops on a mini muffin pan or large cookie sheet. Using a butter knife, spread a small amount of beans into chip
- Add a spoonful of taco meat
- Top with cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until cheese is completely melted
- Top with Sour Cream, Green Onions, Cilantro or other toppings you like