Cooking with herbs just got easier with this Mason Jar Herb Garden! Fill your kitchen with fresh herbs, or give them as gifts.
No need to run to the store for fresh herbs anymore, this Mason Jar Herb Garden will do the job.
There are endless ways to grow your own herbs, whether it’s outside or indoors, either way, they are one of the easiest plants to grow and enjoy using around the house.
There are a variety of herbs that you can use in your herb garden depending on your cooking style. This Compound Butter has Italian Parsley, Chives, and Thyme in it, but you can easily substitute any herb you like. Add the butter to a Charcuterie Board for a spectacular looking appetizer tray for a party.
Mason Jar Herb Garden Supplies
- Mason Jars – we used wide mouth pint size and left the rings on – the wide mouth worked well and made it easy to get the herbs planted
- Herbs – you can find herb plants at most grocery stores in the produce section or at your local garden center, or you can also try your green thumb and plant seeds and watch them grow
- Stones for drainage
- Potting Soil
- Decorations – we used burlap ribbon and buffalo plaid flannel on some of the jars
- Tags and strings – to add the name of the herbs
Mason Jar Herb Garden
- Add burlap ribbon around the mason jar, securing with hot glue
- When the buffalo plaid flannel strip is tied, you can see the lace on the ribbon. So I added a small strip of fabric to cover it. This step is optional.
- Wrap the strip of buffalo plaid fabric around the mason jar and tie a knot
- Add a couple handfuls of stones to the mason jar
- Plant the herb with potting soil
- Then write the name of the herb on the tag
This Mason Jar Herb Garden is also great for gift giving! You can fill several jars with herbs, then add them to a basket. Or adding a cookbook and kitchen gadgets is fun as well.
Giving a gift that keeps on giving throughout the year is always a great idea!