With only 2 ingredients, these Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich are the perfect summer time treat! Kids and adults alike will love them!
This post is brought to you by Voortman Bakery. As always, the opinions are my own.
Now that Memorial Day has come and gone, it’s the best time of the year (in my opinion) – Summer! The easy breezy days of summer are upon us and it’s time to relax and enjoy this time.
An easy dinner on the grill, playing cards on the deck and ice cream cookie sandwiches for dessert – that’s my kind of evening!
No bake treats are perfect for summer! These Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches along with the Key Lime Pudding Shots, S’mores Dip Dessert Charcuterie Board, or Fruit Board with Healthy Fruit Dip make a simple dessert table for any summer celebration.
To make these Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches, we started with our favorite cookies from Voortman Bakery. All of the Voortman Bakery products are made with no artificial colors or flavors AND no high-fructose corn syrup.
Making Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches are one of the easiest desserts you will ever make, only 2 ingredients and about 5 minutes are all you need.
Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich
- Cookies – we used Chocolate Chip and Oatmeal Raisin from Voortman Bakery
- Ice Cream – your favorite flavor, we used Blue Raspberry for the Cookie Monster Ice Cream Sandwiches
- For Cookie Monster – eyes and a small amount of frosting to attach them to the cookie
Kitchen Essentials Needed
- Small cookie sheet or tray for the freezer
- Parchment paper
- Ice Cream Scoop
How to Make Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich
- Be sure to have all the supplies out and ready, you will need to move quickly when making these.
- Begin by softening the ice cream, it should be soft enough that it molds a bit when you press the cookie sandwich together. But not super soft and runny.
- Add ice cream to the bottom of the cookie. Be sure to add enough to make the cookie sandwich full.
And then add another cookie on top, pressing down gently.
Place them on a tray and immediately into the freezer.
If you have little ones at home, or even big kids that love Cookie Monster, adding eyes to the ice cream sandwich is fun and easy. Just a dab of frosting is all you need.
Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich – Frequently Asked Questions
What type of cookie is best?
You will want a firm cookie for the ice cream sandwiches.
What ice cream is best?
Any flavor or kind is fine. We used Blue Raspberry for the cookie monster theme.
How long will the ice cream sandwiches last?
After the sandwiches are frozen solid, you can wrap them or put them in a resealable bag to keep them longer. They should last up to 2 weeks in the freezer.
How far ahead can I make these?
If you want to serve the ice cream sandwiches at a party, I would make them at least 3 days ahead. You want them to be totally frozen.
Can I add sprinkles or chocolate chips to the cookie sandwiches?
Absolutely! I love that idea! We have some ideas over here.