Hot Fudge Recipe
This Hot Fudge Recipe is as easy as…1 – 2 – 3! Only three simple ingredients, about five minutes of your time and you have rich and creamy Hot Fudge Sauce! And even better, it makes a perfect little Christmas gift!
Hot Fudge is one of those recipes that is so surprisingly easy, you wonder why you haven’t made it before. And I’ll go as far to say that it should be a staple recipe in your kitchen.
It takes only 3 ingredients, that you probably have in your kitchen, and about 5 minutes of your time. That’s a win-win in my book!
While this hot fudge recipe is super easy to make, I think the thing I like most is how you can customize it to the chocolate you like best. I’m a milk chocolate lover myself, but many people like dark chocolate. So with a simple switch of chocolate, you can a different taste to whatever you like.
Hot Fudge Recipe
- Chocolate Chips – your favorite will work just fine, I used semi-sweet, however I have also used milk chocolate in the past for a creamier version
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – this comes in a can and you can find it in the baking aisle at your grocery store
- Butter – real butter, not margarine
Kitchen Essentials Needed
- Heavy Saucepan
- Measuring Cup
- Rubber Spatula
- Jar with Lid to store Hot Fudge Sauce
To give the Hot Fudge Sauce for a gift, you may also need small decoration to go on the jar, a tag and maybe other food like Ice Cream, whip cream and sprinkles.
How to Make Recipe for Hot Fudge
Making this Hot Fudge Recipe is SUPER easy.
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and heat until all ingredients are melted, smooth and creamy
- Let cool slightly, serve immediately or store in a container in the fridge for up to a month
- To reheat, spoon into a microwave safe bowl and heat until smooth
In my opinion, Hot Fudge Sauce is one of those necessities for Ice Cream – well and maybe sprinkles!
Ditch the store toppings and make your own Hot Fudge and Caramel Sauce for your next ice cream bar.
It doesn’t get much easier than this Hot Fudge Recipe in a jar decorated for a Christmas gift. You can also add the jar to a basket with ice cream (or a gift certificate to an ice cream shop), and other toppings like Homemade Caramel Sauce. And don’t forget the sprinkles!
Follow along with the 100 Days of Homemade Holiday Inspiration for more simple recipes, easy crafts, homemade gift ideas, decorating tips and much more!
Hot Fudge Recipe
With only 3 ingredients and about 5 minutes of your time, you can have this Hot Fudge Recipe ready to enjoy!
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, your favorite semi-sweet, dark, milk, whatever you like
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- Add all ingredients to a heavy saucepan
- Heat over medium heat stirring constantly until all the chocolate is melted and sauce is smooth
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly
- Add to jar with lid
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator up to 1 month
Were do you find Hershey Kiss Cookie Cutters. thanks Jane
Hi Jane, they were sent to me by Hershey. You might try online like Amazon.
I just had to say THANK YOU!!!! This sauce is amazing! I make caramel sauce all the time and for some reason thought a good thick fudge sauce would be too hard…but this takes only minutes and is absolutely delicious!!! Thanks so much! Can’t believe I’ve gone 40 yrs without making this!! Now I’ll always have it on hand! Thanks 🙂
So glad you like it Jade! It’s a favorite here too.
Thank you. I’ll check there again.
I have looked for Hershey Melts in California and can’t find them. Do you know who sells them?
Hi Lori, they should be at Walmart. If you can’t find them, any chocolate will work, chocolate chips even.
I have been making this chocolate sauce for years. I use the semi-sweet chocolate bar. It is wonderful. The only hot fudge sauce my family wants now.
many different cookies and candies
Great recap! It was a fun trip 🙂
I subscribe to Cupcake Chronicles newsletter.
I visited Hershey so long ago it’s not funny. It must be an amazing place now. We don’t have Hershey baking melts here in Australia. Tell them I’d like to make this sauce and to start exporting to Australia, okay? 🙂 This yank down under could use some Hershey love.
Terrific to meet you!
Hi Maureen, the hot fudge can be made with a variety of chocolate. Maybe you have something similar in Australia?
This fudge sauce sounds fantastic and I certainly think the spoon would come in handy:) I would be on cloud nine at the Hershey headquarters! What fun! Congrats! I want to get me a set of the kiss cutters!
What a perfect homemade gift, for all the sweet people in our life!!