Have you ever used wine for cooking in your Chili? I would have never thought about trying it, but after receiving some Holland House Wines for Cooking and their recipe booklet, I decided to give it a try.Print
Hearty Chili recipe from HoosierHomemade.com
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1-2 cups onions, chopped (depending on how much onion you like)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (28 oz) tomatoes, undrained, cut
- 2 cans (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Holland House Red or White Cooking Wine
- 6 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cans (15 1/2 oz) kidney beans, drained
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 can (15 1/2 oz) Pinto beans (optional)
- In a large saucepan, brown ground beef with onions, drain.
- Add remaining ingredients, except green pepper and kidney beans.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered, 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in green pepper and beans, simmer until thoroughly heated.
You could also add Chili to the Slow Cooker and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
Here are a few more quick and easy ideas for using Holland House® White Cooking Wine
- Include a splash in light cream sauces and cream soups
- Great for simmering poultry
- Use to balance spicy recipes
- A natural choice with fish and seafood
- For added flavor, use white cooking wine in place of 1/3 of the cooking liquid when making rice
Holland House offers many varieties of wines for cooking and vinegars, including white, red, and Vermouth Cooking Wines and Balsamic, Red and White Premium Vinegars just to name a few.
You can buy Holland House Wines for Cooking and Premium Vinegars at many stores across the United States, find one near you!
With all the hustle and bustle going on this week, I’m keeping our Menu Plan pretty simple. We will be visiting family later in the week, and also enjoying our traditional Christmas Dinner.
Our Menu Plan…
Monday ~ Cheesy Chicken Burritos
Tuesday ~ Sloppy Joes and Oven Fries
Wednesday ~Tuna Casserole and Salad
Thursday ~ Eating with family
Friday ~ Holiday Appetizers
Saturday ~ Merry Christmas! – Ham with all the fixins
Sunday ~ Leftovers
In case you missed it, and need some yummy ideas for Homemade Gifts, check out my Homemade for the Holidays series…
Still to come this week…Homemade Marshmallows, Hot Fudge, Christmas Breakfast Casserole…stay tuned!
Disclaimer: Holland House provided me with compensation and product for this campaign. All opinions are my own.