Make your own Coleslaw Dressing with simple ingredients to add to crunchy coleslaw mix for a quick refreshing salad. Perfect for weeknight dinners, cookouts, picnics and of course potlucks too.
Making your own homemade salad dressing is a lot easier than you think. However the best part is that you can control the ingredients you add, if you like it more sweet add a little more sugar, if you prefer the dressing more sour add less sugar.
This Coleslaw Dressing has the typical mayonnaise base with seasonings and cider vinegar, but it also has a a little kick from Dijon Mustard and extra flavor from lemon juice and onion powder.
And it all comes together in less than 5 minutes. Then you can use it right away, poured over cabbage mixture, or seal and keep it in the fridge for a few days until you are ready to use it.
With a handful of recipes in your pocket that you can make in a hurry – they will free up your time to spend with family, or do something you love. Or even take that quality time you need to spend on yourself.
Coleslaw is one of those underrated salads that can be served along side just about any main dish, packed in the cooler for a picnic, taken to potluck or even added to the top of Pulled Pork Sliders for a little additional crunch.
While you typically won’t have leftover coleslaw dressing, you may have some Coleslaw that you need to use. There are a wide variety of recipes that use Coleslaw, from burgers to tacos to fish and more.
Don’t let the ingredient list scare you away from this Coleslaw Dressing Recipe. It goes together quickly, and can be made ahead of time.
- Mayonnaise – you can use your favorite variety – regular, light or mayo made with Avocado Oil is great too
- Dijon Mustard
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Lemon Juice
- Onion Powder
- Salt – I use Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Celery Seed
- Liquid Measuring Cup – my favorite for measuring mayo (and other ingredients that are difficult to get out of a measuring cup) is the Measure All from Pampered Chef
- Measuring Spoons
- Wide Mouth Mason Jar – or other jar with lid
How to Make Coleslaw Dressing
- Measure the Mayonnaise and add to wide mouth mason jar or other jar with lid
- Add Dijon Mustard
- Now add Seasonings – it’s good to layer the seasonings between the liquids
- Then add Cider Vinegar and Lemon Juice
Add the lid to the jar and shake until well combined. Use the coleslaw dressing right away, or keep it in the refrigerator for a few days before adding it to the coleslaw mix. Be sure to shake the dressing well before using it.
Looking for more easy Salad Recipes? Click on the photo for the recipe –
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Celery Seed
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Add mayo to wide mouth mason jar or other jar with lid
- Add mustard to jar
- Add all seasonings
- Add vinegar and lemon juice
- Add lid and shake until well combined
- Add half of coleslaw mix to large bowl
- Pour half of coleslaw dressing over mix
- Add rest of coleslaw mix
- Pour remaining dressing over mix
- Stir until well combined
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve
- Store leftovers in fridge
Dressing can be made and stored in fridge until ready to use, up to 3 days. Shake well before using.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.