Learn how to make these adorable Paper Shamrocks. They are a fun St. Patrick’s Day Craft that the kids can help with too. Just a few simple supplies is all you need.
These Paper Shamrocks are easy enough for the kiddos to help with too! While they are similar to the Valentine’s Day Paper Hearts, they are also different, so I have put together a lot of step-by-step photos and instructions for you!, let me show you how to make Paper Shamrocks!
Note – I do realize that shamrocks are traditionally 3 heart shapes and these are 4 leaf clovers. We did try to make them with only 3 hearts, and they weren’t balanced enough to hang. You can certainly make them with just 3 using the same steps below. Either way I think they are adorable and make a fun, easy St. Patrick’s Day Craft to brighten your home or office.
Let’s gather our supplies…
How to make Paper Shamrocks
- Scrapbook Paper – 12 x 12 inch works best
- Paper cutter
- Adhesive – either glue dots or tape runner or both
- Twine or ribbon to hang the shamrocks
For each Shamrock you will need…
- 4 strips of paper – 1 inch wide by 12 inches long
- 4 strips of paper – 1 inch wide by 10 inches long
- Stem – 1 strip of paper – 1 inch wide by 12 inches long
- Fold the 12 inch pieces in half, wrong sides together
- Fold the 10 inch pieces in half, right sides together
- Start with the 12 inch strips and glue the ends together, right sides together to form a heart shape
- Now take the 10 inch strip of paper and glue one end to the inside of the larger heart, wrong sides together
- Now glue the other side, wrong sides together
- Secure the 2 hearts together at the bottom point with a glue dot
- For the stem, fold a 12 inch strip of paper in half and secure with glue
- Using a pencil, slightly curl the stem, if desired
Now it’s time to assemble all the pieces.
- First, cut a piece of twine and attach it between 2 of the hearts with a glue dot and then attach the 2 hearts together
- Then for the bottom, attach the stem with a glue dot and then attach the 2 hearts together
- Attach the 2 sets together with glue and hang
Fun and easy…wouldn’t you say? You may also like the 3D Paper Shamrocks…