Happy Friday my friends! Are you ready for a fun weekend project for St. Patrick’s Day? These Paper Shamrocks are easy enough for the kiddos to help with too! Inspired by the Paper Hearts I made for Valentine’s Day, let me show you how to make Paper Shamrocks!
While they are similar to the Valentine’s Day Paper Hearts, they are also different, so I have put together a lot of step-by-step photos and instructions for you!
Let’s gather our supplies…
How to make Paper Shamrocks
- Scrapbook Paper – 12 x 12 inch works best
- Paper cutter
- Adhesive – either glue dots or tape runner or both
- Twine or ribbon to hang the shamrocks
For each Shamrock you will need…
- 4 strips of paper – 1 inch wide by 12 inches long
- 4 strips of paper – 1 inch wide by 10 inches long
- Stem – 1 strip of paper – 1 inch wide by 12 inches long
- Fold the 12 inch pieces in half, wrong sides together
- Fold the 10 inch pieces in half, right sides together
- Start with the 12 inch strips and glue the ends together, right sides together to form a heart shape
- Now take the 10 inch strip of paper and glue one end to the inside of the larger heart, wrong sides together
- Now glue the other side, wrong sides together
- Secure the 2 hearts together at the bottom point with a glue dot
- For the stem, fold a 12 inch strip of paper in half and secure with glue
- Using a pencil, slightly curl the stem, if desired
Now it’s time to assemble all the pieces.
- First, cut a piece of twine and attach it between 2 of the hearts with a glue dot and then attach the 2 hearts together
- Then for the bottom, attach the stem with a glue dot and then attach the 2 hearts together
- Attach the 2 sets together with glue and hang
Fun and easy…wouldn’t you say? Enjoy your weekend! Watch for Rainbow Week starting on Monday!