Today we’re enjoying a slight twist on a classic, Maple Pumpkin Pie.
Thanksgiving is coming and you know what that means? Decisions are on the horizon. Like what you’ll be cooking that day…or specifically what you’ll be baking for the dessert table. Last week I shared this fantastic Turtle Cheesecake Pie, which has an amazing Chocolate Cake Mix pie crust and is no bake.
But no matter how many pies you make, pumpkin pie is practically a requirement. What’s Thanksgiving without it? You can take some help from the store and use a pre-made pie crust if you like. It’s easy to make this a day ahead of time and have that part of the meal already taken care of.
As usual, this pumpkin pie is all about the sweet harmony of the maple syrup and spices. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and you can check traditional Thanksgiving pie off of your list. If you’re looking for something a little different to serve along side this pie, I suggest Caramel Pecan Cheesecake Trifles for adults and Oreo Turkey Pops for the younger crowd!
This simple Maple Pumpkin Pie recipe has the classic flavors you love and is sweetened with maple syrup - delicious! Recipe on HoosierHomemade.com
15 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
- 1 single pie crust, store bought or homemade, fit into a 9 inch pie plate
- 2 eggs
- 1 15 oz. can of pure pumpkin puree
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place pie plate on a lined baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin puree, heavy cream, maple syrup, spices and salt. Whisk well.
- Pour this mixture into the pie crust and bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until center is set.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. Serve at room temperature.
Recipe adapted from Real Simple Magazine