Strawberries are my favorite fruit, not only because they are delicious, but they are also so versatile. There are endless desserts you can make with them, and they are also perfect on Salads too. After recently making this Homemade Strawberry Glaze to go on top of the Chocolate Chip Strawberry Pizza, I knew it was a recipe to keep. The recipe goes together quickly and can be used on variety of your baked treats.
Depending on how chunky you want your Glaze, and how you plan on using it, after the mixture is cooked and put together, you can put it through a sieve or the Food Processor. We used the Food Processor because it was quicker, and it worked great.
With just a few simple ingredients, you can make your own Homemade Strawberry Glaze. You will need Strawberries (of course), Corn Starch for thickening, Sugar for flavor, Water to thin in a bit, and the food coloring is optional (I used it).
You can use this Homemade Strawberry Glaze on these desserts…
Yields 2 cups
This Strawberry Glaze is perfect for Pie, Ice Cream, Cheesecake and more. Recipe on HoosierHomemade.com
10 minPrep Time
3 minCook Time
- 1 cup fresh Strawberries, cleaned and mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- Few drops Red Food Coloring, optional
- Mash the Strawberries and set aside
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch
- Stir in water and mashed berries
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly
- Stir in food coloring if desired
- Cook and stir 3 minutes until thick
- Remove from heat and transfer to bowl, cool 10-15 minutes
- If strawberries are not smooth, you can either put them through a sieve and smash them or use the food processor.