Real Time Analytics

Holiday Home Tour 2011

Welcome to our Holiday Home! I absolutely LOVE this time of year, our home becomes magical! Each year I think that we have found the perfect way to decorate every corner of our home to celebrate Christmas and all the trimmings. And each year we seem to find a new way to decorate. Many of our decorations this year were transformed with an unusual and unique twist – vintage, rustic, antique, and a little junky but SUPER cool!

The Front Porch is decorated with garland and vintage items that we have acquired over the years. It is but the first stop on the tour and sets the tone of what’s in store for our guests.

We welcome our guests with a trio of woodland inspired trees as we use natural textures to highlight the feeling of the outside.

And these Paper Lanterns provide the perfect accent.

Then we move into the foyer which has become my favorite area, with a hand full of tree branches and some simple decorations this small display welcomes you and provides a glimpse of what is to follow. More details coming soon! Update: A closer look at the Foyer

The Rustic Christmas Mantel is always a favorite area of mine too! With the addition of burlap, mini twig trees and the pinecones, it’s definitely a focal point in the room.

The Main Family Tree is decked out with white lights, more burlap and all the ornaments we have collected over the years.

Santa is bringing some presents and a tree in his cool vintage car. The old slate board in the back is from my sister-in-law {thanks D!} and I simply wrote ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas on it with regular chalk. An old sled and a few vintage toys pulls it all together.

Here’s a little sneak peek at the Winter Wonderland Tree, seems like bringing the outdoors inside is the theme for Christmas this year. Watch for the tutorial on how we made this coming soon!

Update: Winter Wonderland Tree Tutorial

And the Entertainment Center holds many of the Santa collection. Now let’s move into the Dining Room, which is now the Snowman Room.

The Snowman Tree is one of the trees that is very similar to last year’s tree.

The Kitchen Tree that I shared in Splendidly Homemade Magazine, was moved to the opposite corner, and more Snowmen added to the Buffet.

The table holds a large basket filled with little lights, snow, jars and of course, Snowmen!

The Hoosier Cabinet is also decorated similar to last year, with lots of Snowmen that I have collected over the years.

A mini tree with a few snowmen hanging out!

The Christmas Ladder Tree that was in the front foyer, found a new home in the Dining Room.

And we certainly can’t forget the Kitchen…let’s take a look…

I’ll be sharing the details for the Cupcake Tree tomorrow on Cupcake Tuesday, so be sure to stop back and check out all the yummy cupcakes that are shared too!

Update: Here is all the info on the Cupcake Tree.

And above the kitchen sink, we added this cool, vintage…kind of junky, but it’s one of my favorite things – Wooden Ladder. More details to come on this too! Update – A closer look at the Kitchen Ladder

So there you have it…at least most of it…our Holiday Home! We will still be sharing a few more fun projects and of course, more delicious recipes to come too!

Thanks for stopping by! I’m thrilled to have you join us!

Sharing on…The Inspired Room, The Nester, Transformation Thursday, Christmas Tree Party, Show & Tell Friday, Saturday Night SpecialHoliday Tree Party

Comments

1. everything looks so pretty Liz, hope you have a wonderful Christmas!!!
    Diane {Created by Diane} recently posted..Peppermint Candy Cane Cookies with Peppermint IcingMy Profile

2. Very cute! I LOVE the garland around your front door!

3. mary says:

What a wonderful vintage Christmas you have going on at your home!! Beautiful job!

How fun that you were # one on the Inspired home tour! You should get a ton of traffic!

4. Anne says:

I love the skates hanging from your garland at the front door! And that cupcake tree is just too cute!
    Anne recently posted..Handmade Christmas Gifts – PreservesMy Profile

5. Oh Liz – everything is so pretty and cozy! My favorites are the front door and the paper lanterns. I love how you have the skates around the door – too cute. Merry Christmas!

p.s. – I would love to have that door added to my door linky. ;)
    Southern Fried Gal recently posted..Christmas {Front of Home} TourMy Profile

6. Michelle says:

I love the burlap, I wanted to add burlap to my tablescape this year and didn’t. I guess it’s not too late!
    Michelle recently posted..I Have No Cookies, How About A Glass Of Wine?My Profile

7. LOVE everything! So warm and cozy…
    Cara@homespunkitchen recently posted..Happy Thanksgiving!My Profile

8. Carol says:

Liz,
    Your front door looks wonderful. As does the ladder tree. Great Snowmen!

9. I love the garland around your front door with the ice skates, and the jars on your stairway inside, it is all beautiful and such a Christmas wonderland.

10. Noelle says:

Everything looks so warm and inviting, very festive!! Visiting from The Inspired Room. Merry Christmas!
    Noelle recently posted..Holiday Home TourMy Profile

11. Kristin says:

I wnat to come to your house and play! Love the cupckae tree the most!
    Kristin recently posted..Christmas Pencil BoxMy Profile

12. Dawnee says:

Oh my goodness! I absolutely LOVED “touring” your home! Certainly looks like a place I’d love to hang-out during Christmas-time! Thank you for sharing your home with us. Merry Christmas!
    Dawnee recently posted..Baby DollsMy Profile

13. Laura Putnam says:

Love all of your vintage touches. Thanks so much for sharing! Take care, Laura

14. Tami says:

What a lovely, rustic style home you have. Thank you for sharing!

15. Tara G. says:

What a super cute vignette of old toys by your tree!!
    Tara G. recently posted..Miss LucyMy Profile

16. Jenna says:

I’m not sure what I like the most – the front porch, the rustic mantel, the cool vintage car loaded down with presents…It all looks so wonderful!
    Jenna recently posted..Welcome to…Jenna’s Christmas Home TourMy Profile

17. Your house and decorations look beautiful!
    Angie @ Bigbearswife recently posted..Christmas Appetizer and White Cheddar ReindeerMy Profile

18. Megan says:

I think it looks cozy and warm. I really like entry way. You can keep that through January!
    Megan recently posted..Pretty Tiny InitialsMy Profile

19. Marcee says:

WOW!! Gorgeous♥ You are a lady of many talents:)

20. Connie says:

Very pretty! Love the snowman room!
    Connie recently posted..Precious Moments!My Profile

21. kathysue says:

I absolutely love love the ice skates hanging around the garland, what a wonderful wintry touch!! The vintage toys under the tree are such a nostalgic touch, just great,
    Kathysue

22. Love the ice skates outside your front door – so welcoming! When I was still in highschool and living with my folks, I found a pair of old black skates and hung them on my bedroom door with a scarf and a hat and some greenery and I loved it. Haven’t done that in years and no idea where the skates are, but your door brought back fun memories! Merry Christmas!
    Carrie @ Busy Nothings recently posted..The Stockings Were Hung :: Non-Traditional GiftsMy Profile

23. Miriam says:

So fun! I can’t wait to see more of the winter wonderland tree :)

24. LOVE the chalkboard with Night before Christmas! Mason jars are my favorites too! Love all things vintage.
    Kelly

25. melissa says:

love your car and sleigh! vintage is so fun, isn’t it?!

26. Leslie says:

LOVE the peddle car. I love all of the vintage accents!

Great job!

Merry Christmas!
    Leslie recently posted..Linkin’ Up {Christmas Tour}My Profile

27. Valerie says:

A lovely beginning for the Christmas tour – your decorations are delightful!

Merry Christmas
    Valerie recently posted..Our Home at ChristmasMy Profile

28. Gail says:

Love the cupcake tree and the way you used the blue jars. Merry Christmas!

29. Maribel says:

Thanks so much for the tour. Love your snowmen collection, and what a sweet touch the basket with Snowmen and lights, adorable.

30. Julie says:

Great job! My favorite is the mantle but everything is beautiful! My mom would love the hoosier cabinet. She used to pick them up, refinish and sell. They have one in their home now. I wish I was better at decorating our house. We live in an old farmhouse that we’ve slowly been redoing. I’m just not great at decorating, like your ideas though! Happy Holidays!

31. Lorrie says:

What a wonderful home you have! I love all the vintage toys and special touches you have added for the Christmas season!

32. Kerryanne says:

Simply gorgeous decor Liz.
    I’d love it if you could link this up at my Christmas Inspiration party at http://shabbyartboutique.blogspot.com/2011/12/inspiration-friday_16.html
    Kerryanne recently posted..Inspiration FridayMy Profile

33. Your decorations are so warm and festive! I love all of the vintage items and the burlap. It would be great if you would share this at my Christmas link party over at Rustic Crafts ~ http://rustic-crafts.com/?p=3698
    I hope to see you there!
    Renee
    Renee @ Rustic Crafts recently posted..Shabby Shares Saturday Christmas Link Party – 12/17/11My Profile

34. Your home is beautiful! Everything looks so great. Love the paper lanterns :)
    abeachcottage recently posted..Beach Cottage ♥ Saturday Club & Happiness ListsMy Profile

35. Wow! So many cool things going on!Great job!

36. PS Come link up at Wild Wednesday at chattychics.com! :)
    Melody of chattychics.com recently posted..Easy Chocolate Brownie TrufflesMy Profile

37. Shaunna says:

Beautiful home tour!! Love all the wintery touches!!
    :-)