This Graham Cracker Log recipe was made by my Mother in law for as long as my husband can remember. She passed the recipe onto us and we have been baking it for many years as well.
This recipe is brought to you by Truvia Baking Blend
This moist bar cookie is filled with graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chips and nuts. There are few recipes you will find as easy as this Graham Cracker Log. And to lighten them up, I used Truvia Baking Blend instead of sugar.
Designed for easy, at-home baking, Truvia Baking Blend is a blend of Truvia natural sweetener and sugar. It provides sugar-like taste and texture in recipes, but with 75% fewer calories and twice the amount of sweetness than sugar. It also can be substituted for sugar in any recipe by simply using half as much Truvia Baking Blend as you would sugar.
I’m sharing this traditional Christmas cookie recipe in the Christmas Cookie Exchange. For more delicious Christmas Cookie Recipes from your favorite bloggers, head on over to the Christmas Cookie Exchange!
- 3 cups Graham Cracker crumbs, crushed fine (about 3 sleeves of crackers)
- 1 cup Evaporated Milk
- ½ cup Truvia Baking Blend
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup Butter or Margarine, softened
- ½ cup Walnuts, chopped roughly
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9 inch square pan with foil or parchment paper
- Crush graham crackers in food processor or resealable bag using a rolling pin
- Add crumbs and Truvia Baking Blend to a large bowl
- Add milk, butter and vanilla. Mix until well blended
- Fold in chocolate chips and nuts
- Spread evenly into pan
- Bake for 30-40 minute or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean