Welcome to Cupcake Tuesday! If you are new here, grab a cup of tea or a glass of milk and enjoy a cupcake!
My youngest son, Casey, turns 13 this weekend. One of the cupcakes he wanted me to bake were Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes.
Since, I haven’t shared a flavored cupcake in quite some time, I figured it would be perfect. And by the way, I updated the Cupcake Heaven page yesterday, I now have 73 cupcake creations!! Hop on over and let me know what you think.
These Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes were very easy but big on flavor and presentation. I used a Chocolate Cake recipe that I’ve never tried before, it was very dense but had good flavor. We had a house divided on them, Doug and my youngest, Casey, loved them, the other 2 boys and myself liked the flavor, but like a more light tasting cupcake. Man oh Man is the frosting yummy though. I could just eat it by the spoonful!
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 large Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, cut into small pieces
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 3 tablespoons milk, or as needed
- 2 - 2½ cups Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tins with paper cupcake liners.
- In a separate bowl, combine cocoa, flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients, alternating with the sour cream, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Gently fold in Peanut Butter Cup pieces.
- Divide batter into cupcake liners.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cream butter and Peanut Butter until fluffy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, alternating with a little milk at a time.
- Beat well, until desired consistency.
- Frost cupcakes and garnish with a Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup
You could, of course, also use any Chocolate cake mix that you like.
You might also like…