The holidays are upon us! Let the baking begin! Banana Bread is a classic treat to enjoy in the morning with breakfast, as an afternoon snack along with a cup of tea or even as a delicious addition to your dessert table.
Today we are taking the traditional Banana Bread and kicking it up a notch in this hearty Banana Bread Cobbler.
This post is brought to you by Truvia Baking Blend.
The rich buttery base is topped with sliced bananas, then topped with a crunchy topping with oats and pecans. Serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
This recipe took me back to memories of Banana Bread baking in my Mom’s kitchen. However, this recipe is lightened up with Truvia Baking Blend in the crust as well as Brown Sugar in the topping.
Making your own Brown Sugar with fewer calories is easy, it only takes 2 ingredients. Learn how to make your own Brown Sugar with fewer calories.
You will also need bananas, old fashioned oats, pecans, butter, flour, milk and Truvia Baking Blend. Designed for easy, at-home baking, Truvia Baking Blend is a blend of Truvia natural sweetener and sugar. It provides sugar-like taste and texture in recipes, but with 75% fewer calories and twice the amount of sweetness than sugar.
For the base, combine flour, Truvia Baking Blend, milk and melted butter.
For the topping, combine brown sugar, flour, softened butter until combined.
Add in the oats and pecans until crumbly
Slice the bananas
Lay the bananas on top of the base
Sprinkle the oat mixture over the bananas
Bake for about 50 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream for dessert, or without ice cream for a delicious addition to your Holiday Brunch.
Looking for more recipes using Truvia Baking Blend? Here are the ones I have shared…
- How to make Brown Sugar with Fewer Calories
- Cotton Candy Fudge
- Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cherry Almond Bars
- Red Velvet Cupcake Bites
- Pink Velvet Cupcakes
- Meyer Lemon & Strawberry Pie
- Tangy Lime Bars
- Banana Walnut Bread: Starbucks Copycat Recipe
- Double Chocolate Cupcakes
Banana Bread Cobbler
A new twist on the classic Banana Bread. Recipe on HoosierHomemade.com
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: Serve 8-10
- 1 1/2 cups flour, all-purpose or self rising
- 1/2 cup Truvia Baking Blend
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (make your own with fewer calories)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup old fashioned oat
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 4 ripe medium bananas, sliced
- Vanilla ice cream, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, coat a 11×7 baking dish with cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup of flour, Truvia Baking Blend, milk with whisk just until blended
- Stir in melted butter, pour into greased baking dish
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, remaining 1/2 cup flour and softened butter with a fork
- Stir in oats and pecans
- Slice bananas and place on top of base, sprinkle with oat mixture
- Bake for 40 minutes at 375 degrees, remove from oven and cover with foil
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until brown and bubbly
- Serve warm with ice cream, if desired
Share how you’re using Truvia Baking Blend to lighten-up recipes this holiday season by entering the #HealthierHolidays Baking Sweepstakes on Facebook. To participate, head to the Truvia® Sweepstakes Page at www.facebook.com/truvia, and “like” the Truvia Facebook page to enter for a chance to win Truvia® prizes. You’ll also have the option to “Pin” any of your favorite Truvia holiday baking recipes with #healthierholidays!