The combination of Chocolate and Mint flavors that are in Grasshopper Desserts are perfect anytime of year, but especially for St. Patrick’s Day. These Grasshopper Marshmallow Pops are super easy and take on 3 ingredients plus sprinkles if you like, and only about 15 minutes. The kiddos (and adults) will love them!
St. Patrick’s Day and well March in general, are one of my favorite times. St. Patrick’s Day is such a fun holiday, who doesn’t love a little luck of the Irish? And March, well Baseball season is under way for my son’s college team and Spring is on the way – hopefully!
The Grasshopper Marshmallow Pops are super easy, even the kids can help! I used some fun St. Patrick’s straws instead of lollipop sticks. I found them at Michael’s craft store.
A dip of melted Andes Creme de Menthe Baking Chips to add the Grasshopper flavor. I melted about 1 cup of baking chips in the microwave about 50-60 seconds, stopping every 20 seconds to stir them. The trick when you are melting any kind of chocolate in the microwave is to stop before the chocolate is completely melted, then stir until smooth. That way, there is much less chance of burning the chocolate. Trust me, burnt chocolate is not good.
Set the dipped marshmallows on a wax paper lined cookie sheet and place in fridge for about 5 minutes.
While the Chocolate Mint is setting, prepare the Green Candy Melts. I used about 20-25 wafers and heated them in the microwave, again stirring every 20 seconds or so. Also get out the sprinkles you want to use. I like working over a paper plate…easy clean up.
Dip the marshmallows into the melted green candy melts, leaving some of the chocolate mint showing and then immediately add the sprinkles. Place them back on the wax paper for about 5 minutes and you are done.
After all the Grasshopper Marshmallow Pops are ready, you can enjoy them as an after-school treat, give them as gifts or even tie a Printable St. Patrick’s Day Tag on them for a fun Classroom Treat.
Chocolatey Mint Treat that’s perfect for anytime. Recipe on HoosierHomemade.com
- 1 bag of regular size marshmallows
- 1 bag (10 oz) Andes Creme de Menthe Baking Chips (you won’t need all of them)
- 1 bag Green Candy Melts (you won’t need all of them)
- Straws or Lollipop Stick
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper
- Gently push straws into marshmallows
- Melt about 1 cup of Baking Chips in microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, stir until very smooth
- Dip marshmallow into chocolate and place of wax paper, place in fridge for at least 5 minutes until set
- Melt about 20 Candy Melts at a time, stirring every 20 seconds, stir until very smooth
- Dip marshmallow into melted chocolate, immediately add sprinkles
Recipe can be doubled, but easier to work in small amounts.