It’s time for a little Mexican celebration! Cinco de Mayo is coming up on May 5th, and I have pulled together my favorite Cinco de Mayo Party Recipes for you to celebrate with including Main Dishes, Snacks, Sides, Cocktails, Kid Friendly Drinks, and of course Desserts including Cinco de Mayo Cupcakes!
So what is Cinco de Mayo? What’s it all about?
For all you history buffs out there, Cinco de Mayo, the Spanish fifth of May celebration, is a Mexican holiday celebrating the Battle of Puebla, which took place on May 5, 1862. The French army rolled through Mexico and even though they were better trained and equipped than the Mexicans, the Mexicans won a huge victory.
And although the war continued, the unlikely victory is remembered every May 5th.
Let the party begin…
Cinco de Mayo Main Dishes
- Build Your Own Taco Bar
- Taco Ring
- Quick & Easy Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
- Mexican Macaroni and Cheese
- Wet Bean Burrito
- Healthy Taco Salad
- 15 Minute Taco Soup
Cinco de Mayo Snacks and Sides
- Vegetarian Taco Dip
- Healthy Taco Pasta Salad
- Easy Homemade Salsa
- Homemade Pico de Gallo
- Mexican Red Rice
- Mini Taco Cups
- Classic Quacamole
- Cheesy Chili Dip
- Seven Layer Southwestern Salad
Cinco de Mayo Drinks
- Lime Berry Sangria Slush – recipe that I made for Kraft
- Refreshing Sangria
- Fresh Cherry Mojitos from Eat Live Run
- Blackberry Margaritas from Tide and Thyme
- Blue Hawaiian – kid friendly
- Lemon Lime from Taste of Home
- Sangria from The Kitchen is my Playground
- Classic Margaritas from Real Simple
Whip up one of these Cinco de Mayo Desserts including Easy Fried Ice Cream, Cinco de Mayo Cupcakes, Tres Leches Dessert and more!
How will you be celebrating Cinco de Mayo?