A simple Pasta Salad filled with all your favorite taco flavors! This Healthy Taco Pasta Salad is perfect for potlucks, picnics or for a side dish on Taco Night! It’s easy to make, packed with great flavor and it’s healthy!
There’s something about Pasta Salad that is so comforting. It’s also one of the most versatile recipes I know, you can literally open the refrigerator and pantry to see what you have on hand to add.
While I have made many, many dishes of Pasta Salad over the years, this was the first time to make a Taco Pasta Salad. And it definitely won’t be the last.
With Spring upon us and Summer on it’s way, I’m sure there will be lots of cook outs, and potlucks in your future. Pasta Salad is my go to recipe to serve to a crowd or take with us to share. The recipe makes a lot, and even better, it can be made up the day before, which is actually better, it gives the pasta time to soak up all the delicious taco flavors.
This Healthy Taco Pasta Salad is filled with healthy, organic ingredients. I’m super excited to tell you about Wild Oats Marketplace. You will be seeing lots of recipes over the next year using their products. And honestly, I can’t say enough good things about them.
Most importantly – the Wild Oats products are organic, which means they have healthy products with no unwanted ingredients. None of those ingredients that you can’t pronounce – just real, natural ingredients that we all need and want for ourselves and our families.
Second, and also very important – Wild Oats products are affordable and are available at Walmart. They believe that every American has the right to a higher quality lifestyle. Having access to affordable and authentic products that are also convenient, and easy-to-find in their favorite store will make quality living a reality for more people than ever.
In addition to the Wild Oats Penne Rigate Pasta, this Taco Pasta Salad is filled with flavor from taco seasoning, black beans, corn, tomatoes, green peppers, and green onions, all wrapped up in a nice little package with Wild Oats Mild Salsa and a sprinkle of cheese. Love a little kick in your flavors? They also have medium salsa.
Oh and I can’t forget to mention the Homemade Taco Seasoning. Wild Oats has a large variety of spices to choose from that are available at Walmart, and you can make your own organic, healthy taco seasoning!
For more information on Wild Oats, follow them on Facebook page, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.
Healthy Taco Pasta Salad
A simple Pasta Salad filled with your favorite taco flavors.
- 1 (16 oz) box Wild Oats Penne Rigate Pasta
- 1 (15 oz) can Wild Oats Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15.25 oz) can Wild Oats Whole Kernel Corn
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1/2 large green pepper (about 1 cup) chopped
- 1 (16 oz) jar Wild Oats Salsa, mild or medium
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded, divided
Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Wild Oats Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Wild Oats Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Wild Oats Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Wild Oats Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Wild Oats Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Wild Oats Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Wild Oats Paprika
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the box
- In a small bowl, whisk together ingredients for Taco Seasoning, set aside
- In a large bowl, toss together pasta, black beans, corn, tomato, 1/2 cup cheese, green onions and green peppers
- Sprinkle with Taco Seasoning, mix well
- Pour salsa over pasta mixture and mix well
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese before serving
- Store leftovers in refrigerator
Join the discussion 16 Comments
This looks like something my family would love. Any which way with tacos, and I’m a great mom. 😉
I couldn’t agree more Brenda! Tacos and family just go together! Thanks for stopping by!
Regular mayo-based pasta salads just don’t do it for me, so I am LOVING how big on flavor and good for you this is!!
Thanks so much Joanne! I agree, pasta salads with mayo can be heavy.
I am SO all about tacos, pasta salads and ingredients that I can actually pronounce – my fav! So this pasta salad totally has “DINNER” written ALL over it for me! Pinning and off to get me some of this awesome pasta!
I agree Taylor! It’s so nice to have products that you can actually pronounce the ingredients. Thanks for stopping by!
This looks seriously delicious! My family would love this for dinner!
So glad you like it! It was definitely a favorite in our family!
Healthy AND affordable?! You have my attention!
Also, I could eat a boatload of this yummy pasta.
Thanks so much Rachel! I’m a pasta lover myself.
I love finding Pasta salads that my hubby will eat! I love them but normally they are packed with mayo and he runs away! This one will be perfect!
I agree Angie, sometimes mayo is just a bit too much, especially in the heat of the summer. Thanks for stopping by!
Liz this is so delicious looking! I love the pasta added which I could easily change up to make it gluten free! We used to have a Wild Oats market in Boulder and I loved shopping there. It’s a great store.
Thanks so much Toni! Yes you can easily change the pasta to Gluten Free.