Welcome to Cupcake Tuesday! I’m so glad to have you! I have updated the Cupcake Heaven page, there are over 150 designs and recipes! Check it out!!
We have been busy little elves here decorating our house, preparing our Christmas table and sharing Christmas cards. You all know how I love simple, easy but show stopping. Well these Candy Cane Cupcake Shooters are just that!
They are simple but elegant with a little whimsy at the same time. And they are certainly quick, which is great this time of year.
- White cake mix, divide in half and color red
- Small round cookie cutter – I used the inside of a doughnut cutter
- Decorator Icing or your favorite Buttercream
- Decorator bag fitted with a Giant Round Tip
- Candy canes or other peppermint candy crushed
- Candy canes or other peppermint candy for garnish
- Wilton Candy Cane sprinkles for garnish
- Small glasses – we found these shooters at Pier 1, they were around $1
- Bake and cool cupcakes – I baked mine without liners but either way is fine
- Cut with small round cookie cutter
- Fit decorator bag with a Giant Round Tip and fill with white icing
- Crush Candy Canes
- Then just layer to your hearts content
I think the ideas are endless for these fun little shooters. You could certainly change up the color of cupcake, the flavors and of course the decorations. They are perfect for a dinner party or even on a kid-friendly dessert buffet. You may want to serve them with a spoon though, depending on the size of your glass.
AND don’t forget tomorrow is the Holiday Bake-Off!!
Now it’s your turn…show off your cupcake creations! Be sure to link back so others can enjoy the cupcakes and check out the other cupcakes!
‘); // ]]>