Ever since I posted about National S’More Day, I’ve had S’Mores on the brain. I have all these crazy ideas running around in my head, and finally I just have to stop, bake and share them with you.
Two of my very favorites…combined together…Caramel Apples and S’Mores! Oh my!!
I think I should have paid more attention when Missy over at How Does She blog, gave us her tips for the perfect marshmallow roasting. Some of the marshmallows turned a little too brown, but they were still really yummy!Print
A fun new twist on caramel apples and s’mores – Caramel Apple S’Mores at HoosierHomemade.com.
- Apples, any kind you like
- Marshmallows and sticks for roasting
- Caramel Sauce
Caramel Sauce (adapted from [Pioneer Woman | http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/recipes/desserts/ice-cream-pie-with-easy-caramel-sauce/])
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cups milk (PW uses half-and-half)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Combine all ingredients, except vanilla, in a saucepan on the stove.
- Whisk ingredients together and cook until thickened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add vanilla, and cook another minute to thicken more.
- Remove from stove and pour into container.
- Store in fridge.
Caramel Apple S’Mores
- Slice 2 pieces of apple about 1/4 – 1/2 inch thick, for each S’More.
- Place 1 piece of apple on plate, pour a little Caramel Sauce over, top with roasted marshmallow, add second piece of apple, pour more sauce over top.
The Caramel Sauce was very easy and tasted really good. But if you don’t want to make your own, you can certainly use Caramel Sauce from a jar (like for Ice Cream topping), melt some of the Caramel bits, like I have on the plate or even buy the tubs of Caramel that most stores have next to the apples.
Anyway you make them…I’m sure they will be a hit!
I’m linking to the Blog Parties in my footer, please visit them! You might just find one or two that are new to you!
For “S’More” yummy recipes…check out this little book, all about S’Mores!!