So tell me…do you set cookies out for Santa? Maybe a carrot or two for his Reindeer? This Reindeer Food that is sure to please Rudolph and his gang! As well as Santa and his Elves!
Not only will they all love to munch on the Reindeer Food, the container is such a fun way to display the White Chocolate Peppermint Chex Mix or give as a Holiday Gift!
Reindeer Food Container Supplies
- Brown Metal Tin – we found these at Sam’s Club along with 3 other colors and filled with cookies – you could also use a plastic bucket
- Antlers – Brown Craft Foam available in the Craft Section at Walmart
- Eyes – Wiggly Eyes
- Nose – Red Pom Poms
- Glue – we used hot glue
- Trace antlers onto brown craft foam – we used this photo and traced it onto white copy paper, then traced it onto the craft foam and cut them out
- Glue the antlers, eyes and nose onto the metal tin
- Make the White Chocolate Peppermint Chex Mix and fill the tin or bucket
This White Chocolate Peppermint Chex Mix would make a delicious Holiday Gift too!
- 6 cups of Rice or Corn Chex cereal
- 1 bag (12 oz) white baking chips
- ⅓ cup crushed candy canes
- Measure cereal and add to a large bowl.
- Chop the candy canes in the food processor or use a ziploc bag and hammer or rolling pin to crush.
- Place baking chips in a bowl, microwave for about 1 minute, stir then continue heating about 15-20 seconds at a time, until all the chips are melted, stirring after each time.
- Pour melted chips over cereal and stir until coated.
- Add about ¾ of the crushed candy canes and mix, spread onto foil lined cookie sheet, spread evenly and sprinkle with remaining candy canes.
- Let set about 20 minutes then break apart, add to the bucket and get ready for Santa to arrive!