Welcome to our third week of the Cupcake Challenge!!
Today’s Challenge is about turning an ordinary cake mix into a special cupcake, following our theme of Summertime Fun!
While browsing through my new cupcake book, “Who You Callin’ Cupcake?”, there were lots of great cupcakes that I want to try. In fact, you will probably be seeing a lot more of the cupcakes from this fun little book. But, one of them jumped out at me. Summertime for us is all about having fun, going to the beach and of course, all the great fresh fruit and veggies!
These Sangria Cupcakes were lots of fun to make, and very easy also. I did change the recipe a bit from the book, but only so it would fit our theme of using a cake mix.
Now, you all know what a HUGE fan I am of What’s New, Cupcake? and Hello, Cupcake books. I wanted to share with you, once again, how I learned from them to make my cupcakes taste like they are made from scratch.
These Strawberry Supreme Cupcakes started with a Strawberry Cake mix, then add…
- 1 cup Buttermilk (learn how I make my own Buttermilk)
- 1/3 cup oil (or amount shown on box)
- 4 eggs
Strawberry Supreme Frosting:
- 4-6 tablespoons Strawberry puree (learn how to make it)
I used the same method as I did with the Sangria Cupcakes, only adding a fresh strawberry for garnish.
And guess what??? I have 2 Awesome Cupcake Books for you today!!
Who you Callin’ Cupcake? has 75 In-Your-Face recipes that reinvent the Cupcake. You can read all about it over on the giveaway page.
AND, of course…none other than What’s New, Cupcake? And not just ANY old book, but a SIGNED COPY!!
So…hurry on over and enter the giveaways! AFTER you link up your creations!
Here is how this is gonna work…
- Cupcake Tuesday – if you have a Cupcake to share for Cupcake Tuesday, please add it to that linky
- Cupcake Challenge - if you have a Cupcake, that follows the theme, please add it to that linky. PLEASE be sure to follow the Cupcake Challenge rules, I will need to delete you if you don’t, because Alan from What’s New Cupcake is judging and I don’t want him to get confused. thanks!
- Who You Callin’ Cupcake? and What’s New, Cupcake? (Head on over and ENTER to win)