There are few things that I enjoy more than Fall Baking! The smells of a freshly baked Apple Pie, Zucchini Bread or these Mini Pumpkin Muffins with Streusel Topping can often be found coming from my kitchen.
The Streusel Topping sets these Pumpkin Muffins apart from your ordinary muffin. It adds a bit more flavor and crunch to an already delicious muffin!
I’m honored to be a part of the 2013 Kraft Tastemaker Community, I am teaming up with Kraft Foods to share with you recipes using everyday ingredients that are sure to please your family!
Heading to the apple orchard and pumpkin patch is a family tradition. Here in Northwest Indiana, we are blessed to have homegrown vegetables and plenty of orchards. And it seems as soon as the kids are back in school and September hits, the weather begins to cool down making it perfect to head into the kitchen and whip up a delicious treat or put on a big pot for some favorite soup recipes.
These Pumpkin Muffins are perfect anytime of day, they are hearty enough for a quick breakfast snack, great to pack in lunches or enjoy after school, and certainly great to take to a Fall Party. They can be made in regular size as well, but I like the minis.
It’s time to start baking, join me for Fall Baking!
- 1½ cups flour, all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie)
- 1¼ cups sugar
- ⅓ cup oil
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup PLANTERS Pecans or Walnuts, chopped finely
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place cupcake liners in a muffin tin
- Combine dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Combine in a large bowl the wet ingredients; pumpkin, sugar, oil and eggs. Whisk to combine
- Combine in a small bowl ingredients for topping until crumbly
- Divide batter into liners using a cookie dough scoop, add about 2 tablespoons for mini muffins and ⅓ cup for standard size.
- Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees - minis for about 10-12 minutes and standard size for 15-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely. Store in airtight container.
For more recipes visit KraftRecipes.com
Linking to Gooseberry Patch