We have had a very delicious week with the Virtual Progressive Thanksgiving Dinner! The food has been amazing, it’s really put me in the mood for Thanksgiving! I can hardly wait to try these recipes!!
We started the week with Shaina’s Mustard-Crusted Turkey and Aimee’s Fruit and Herb Stuffing. Adding her Apples and Cranberries baked in the Pumpkin was Tiffany and then Laura shared how her Slow Cooker saves her time on busy holidays, with her Mashed Potatoes and Baby Carrots. Tara’s delicious Cranberry Salad was added to the table next and to round out our meal…
Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle
I am a BIG fan of Trifles, they are quick and easy, don’t cost a lot to make, you can make them ahead and oh! we can’t forget! they look impressive too!
- 1 box Gingerbread Cake Mix and the ingredients to make it (egg and water)
- 4 cups cold milk
- 2 boxes (small) butterscotch pudding (instant or cooked)
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon each of ground ginger, nutmeg and allspice (I used Pumpkin Pie Spice instead, about 1 teaspoon)
- 1-2 containers of Cool Whip (depending on how much you add)
- Bake the Gingerbread cake according to the directions on the box and cool completely.
- Mix milk and pudding according to the directions on the box and place in fridge for 5 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin and spices.
- In a large trifle bowl, beginning with the cake, break off small pieces of the cake and line the bottom of the bowl.
- Then add the pumpkin mixture, followed by a layer of Cool Whip.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with Cool Whip and sprinkle with cake crumbs or add a Vanilla Wafer or Gingersnap cookie for decoration.
One of the best things about Thanksgiving is the food and sharing! Let’s share our food…add your recipe so we can all enjoy! The linky will stay open until after Thanksgiving, so come back often to check out what has been added!
Linking to…Ingredient Spotlight