Trifles are one of the easiest yet impressive looking desserts ever! This Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle is packed with flavor! Use a Gingerbread Cake or Spice Cake – either way it’s delicious!
I have always been a lover of all things easy. If it even looks like it can be remotely easy, sign me up. Don’t get me wrong, I do my fair share of difficult cooking, but if it looks easy, you can bet I’ll be trying it. Which brings me to this recipe I want to share with you. Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle is something so simple, even the not-so Betty Crockers of the world can make it.
Trifles are always quick, easy, and they never disappoint. I simply adore these Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifles because you can make them ahead and they look super fancy on the dessert table for Thanksgiving Day. Someone will mention how great it looks and how you must have spent a lot of time making them and you can just go along with it. I’m all about spending less time doing something and in return it looks like I spent hours.
I did a trial run with these Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifles on my family and of course they were in food heaven. I have no doubt that our friends and family will have the same reaction in a few days when we begin making Thanksgiving dinner.
The pumpkin, Cool Whip whipped topping, pumpkin pie spice, and pudding work together in this recipe to make something mouthwatering and absolutely delicious. The Gingerbread Cake is really easy to put together. If you aren’t a fan of Gingerbread, feel free to use a Spice Cake instead, they are both delicious.
To make the layering process super easy, use a round cookie cutter for the cake and cut them in half. The size of your cookie cutter will depend on the size of your trifle. We used the Mini Trifle Bowl from the housewares department at Walmart.
This dish is also ideal to put together because all you’re simply doing is a little bit of layering and at the end, it looks fabulous. It’s really hard to mess up a trifle and if you do mess it up, I guess you’ll just have to eat it and start over.
This Thanksgiving, I encourage you to not let the fancy desserts and entrees stress you out. Pick out something simple like this Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle and run with it. Make it your own, make it delicious, and enjoy that extra time with your family, you deserve it! Now—let’s move onto sharing that recipe with you. After all, Thanksgiving is right around the corner, literally.
Trifles are one of the EASIEST yet impressive looking desserts ever! This Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle is packed with flavor! Use a Gingerbread Cake or Spice Cake – either way it’s delicious!
- 1 (14.5 oz) box Gingerbread Cake Mix (or Spice Cake) + ingredients to make it (egg and water)
- 4 cups cold milk
- 2 boxes (small) instant white chocolate or vanilla pudding
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice – recipe here
- 1 (8 oz) container Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed
- Bake the Gingerbread cake according to the directions on the box and cool completely.
- Mix milk and pudding according to the directions on the box and place in fridge for 5 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin and spices.
- In glass container, beginning with the cake, cut into circle using a cookie cutter or knife
- Then add the pumpkin mixture, followed by a layer of Cool Whip.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with Cool Whip and sprinkle with spices
Bake cake according to directions on box