The weekend is quickly approaching and I realized last night that I haven’t shared the Labor Day ideas with you, as promised.
Earlier in the week, I shared some yummy desserts and tomorrow I will share a menu, but for today, I thought it would be fun to come up with some ideas for your party.
Since Labor Day celebrates the working men and women in America, pretty much anything patriotic is a good idea for your get together, decorations or food.
Invitations: Although most people don’t typically send out invitations, here are a couple ideas.
- You could make an invitation with some grilling or party clip art
Decorations: A red, white and blue theme is easy and works well. Here are some decorations that I have in my home.
Games and Activities: It’s always good to keep the little ones (and big ones) busy
- A Neighborhood Parade is always fun, decorate wagons and bikes
- Water balloon toss or a squirt gun fight
- If you are lucky enough to have a pool, and the weather is nice, go swimming
- Hoola hoops, jump ropes and frisbees are all time favorites
Food: From hamburgers to chicken, jello to a decorated cake, pretty much anything goes for food
- Some dessert ideas here
- If you are interested in red, white and blue desserts
- These Chicken Phillies are awesome
- Sweet Corn is always a hit too
- Visit my Mixing Spoons page for lots more recipes
Here is the new Menu that I just added.