This Easy Strawberry Blueberry Trifle Recipe is great for Memorial Day or 4th of July! Leave off the chocolate stars and you have a fun dessert to pack in a picnic or take to a potluck!
Trifles are one of my favorite desserts to make and serve – actually I think they might just be my favorite. The flavor combinations are endless. In addition to the fruit in this strawberry blueberry trifle recipe there is white cake, and pudding mixed with whipped topping. And for even more fun, sprinkles and red chocolate stars that are so fun for Memorial Day or 4th of July celebrations.
Trifle – a Scottish dessert made from thick pudding, custard, fruit, cake of some variety, and whipped cream, arranged in layers, has also become a very popular dessert here in the States. And in my opinion, one of the easiest and most impressive desserts you can make.
I like serving them in individual servings, mostly because it’s fun to decorate them, but it’s also a lot easier. These Strawberry Blueberry Trifles can have a lid on them and packed in a cooler for a picnic or potluck too.
We served the Easy Strawberry Blueberry Trifle Recipe for our Printable Memorial Day BBQ Party – watch for those FREE Printables on Monday!
To add the red chocolate stars all you need are 2 items –
- Melt about 10-15 candy disks in the microwave for about 1 minute. Stir and continue heating for 30 seconds at a time, stirring well in between heating.
- Remove from microwave just before candy is melted, stir until completely smooth.
- Pour melted chocolate into a plastic squeeze bottle or use a spoon to add melted chocolate to star mold.
- Place in refrigerator about 10 minutes or until firm.
- Remove from fridge, pop stars out of mold. Use a small sharp knife to clean up the edges of the stars if necessary.
If you love Trifle Desserts as much as I do, you will love these recipes…
No Bake Cheesecake Trifle – Perfect for 4th of July, Memorial Day or even a fun Summer treat
Chocolate Raspberry Trifle – Rich moist Chocolate Cake, covered with Raspberry Jam, whipped topping and Hot Fudge
Key Lime Cheesecake Trifles – They go together in minutes, are no bake, and have a delicious lime flavor
Lemon Blueberry Angel Food Cake Trifle – Angel Food Cake, vanilla pudding, blueberry and Lemon Creme Pie Filling.
Raspberry Brownie Trifle – Layers of fudgy brownies, chocolate mousse, raspberries and whipped cream!
Cheesecake Trifle – These simple cheesecake trifles can be made in any color.
- 1 white cake mix plus ingredients on box (oil, water, egg whites)
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 (8 oz) tub whipped topping, thawed
- 1 container strawberries
- 1 container blueberries
- Red, White and Blue Sprinkles (optional)
- Red Chocolate Stars (optional)
- Bake cake according to directions on box, cool completely
- Mix pudding and milk until smooth
- Place in refrigerator to set
- See notes to make chocolate stars
- Note - you can make this recipe in a large trifle bowl or in mason jars
- Cut cake into pieces. If you are using jars, use the edge of the jar as a cutter
- Combine pudding and whipped topping until smooth
- Add layers - cake, pudding mixture, strawberries, blueberries, sprinkles
- Repeat layers
- Top with chocolate star, blueberries and sprinkles
Pour melted chocolate into a plastic squeeze bottle or spoon chocolate into plastic star molds.
Place in fridge about 10 minutes or until firm.
Remove from fridge. Use a small sharp knife to trim edges if necessary.