Lemon, Lime, Orange…pretty much any citrus flavor just screams Summertime to me! Especially if it’s cool n’ creamy! With all the hot weather we have been having, I am trying not to heat up our kitchen. Our family loves the no bake Strawberry Pie so I knew this Lime Pie would be a hit too!
Perfect for potlucks – easy enough for weeknight dinner at home – and elegant enough to serve at a dinner party, this Lime Pie starts with Jell-O and has extra flavor with freshly squeezed lime juice and the zest of the lime.
Many moon ago, I collected the little cookbooks, you know the kind, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, even Pampered Chef makes them. I have one that was published by Kraft in 1993, Simple Desserts Made Special with Cool Whip (Favorite All Time Recipes), which is where I found this recipe for Summer Lime Pie!
Using a store bought graham cracker crust makes this recipe really easy, you can of course make your own, they are pretty easy. Serve with a dollop of Cool Whip, a sprinkle of lime zest and fresh berries for an elegant yet easy dessert.
- 1 box (4 serving) Lime Jello
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lime peel
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Ice cubes
- 1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip or whipped topping, thawed
- 1 prepared Graham Cracker crust
- Add Jello to boiling water and dissolve completely, stirring about 2 minutes.
- Stir in lime peel and lime juice.
- Add enough ice cubes to the cold water to measure 1 1/4 cups, add to Jello, stirring until all the ice has melted.
- Stir in whipped topping with a wire whisk until smooth. Refrigerate 10 - 15 minutes or until mixture is very thick and mounds.
- Spoon into crust. Return to fridge and chill about 2 hrs until set.
- Garnish with more whipped topping, lime zest and/or fresh fruit if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0g
You can also find mini graham cracker crust in the baking aisle and serve this Summer Lime Pie in individual servings.
What’s your favorite Summertime flavor?