Today I have a delicious treat that is super easy to make and sure to be a hit for St. Patrick’s Day! Luck of Irish Party Mix is perfect for parties, to enjoy at home or even give as gifts! With Green Caramel Corn, Chocolate Chex Cereal, Pretzels, Candy and more…you can’t go wrong!
The nice thing about this Luck of the Irish Party Mix is you can add whatever you have on hand. I literally opened the cupboards and searched through my candy drawer to find ingredients to add.
I started by making a batch of Homemade Caramel Corn and added green coloring to the coating. Then Chex Cereal was mixed with melted white chocolate and a good sprinkle of green sugar. While those cooled, I chopped the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and Andes Mints.
All the ingredients were tossed in a large bowl, then green M&M’s and green candy sprinkles were added. Now you can certainly drizzle over a bit more melted chocolate to hold all the ingredients together like I did in my Christmas Candy Crunch and Candy Corn Mix, but this time I decided to keep it a bit more simple since there was already plenty of chocolate.
And since you all know how I LOVE the holidays and creating fun and simple gifts to give, how about adding the Luck of the Irish Party Mix to a bag and adding a little tag?
So cute! Who wouldn’t love to receive this little treat? I added the St. Patrick’s Day Cupcake Toppers and tied the bags with green baker’s twine!
Cupcake Toppers aren’t just for cupcakes anymore!
St. Patrick’s Day Cupcake ToppersPrint
Delicious treat to enjoy at a party, home or give as a gift. Recipe from HoosierHomemade.com
Green Caramel Corn
- 8 cups popped popcorn, about 1 cup of kernels
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 4-6 drops Wilton Kelly Green Coloring
Chex Chocolate Mix
- 3 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Green Sugar
- Mini Peanut Butter Cups, cut in quarters
- Andes Mints, chopped
- Green M&M’s
- Green Candy Sprinkles
- Cook popcorn on stove or in popcorn maker
- Pour into bowl and set aside
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt
- Cook until butter is melted
- Continue cooking for 3 minutes without stirring
- Add baking soda, vanilla and green coloring, stir to combine
- Pour over popped corn and stir well
- Spread evenly onto cookie sheet
- Bake for 15 minutes at 300 degrees
- Cool completely
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds, stirring after every 15 seconds
- Pour cereal in a medium bowl and pour melted chocolate over
- Add Green Sugar
- Stir well and spread evenly onto a cookie sheet, set aside until set
- After the Caramel Corn and Chex are cooled and set, break into pieces and add to large bowl
- Add pretzels and other ingredients, stir to combine
Affiliate links used.