Make these Lemon Chick Peeper Cookies with just 3 ingredients, plus the face and feathers. They are as fun to make as they are to eat!
I love this time of year when the grass and flowers are coming to life again. The birds are returning to our feeder. And the baby chicks are at the local farm store. A couple weeks ago when we were shopping, I just had to stop and see the chicks. They are so cute. I even spotted a chicken coop, but I restrained myself, we do live in the city limits after all. Although I was really tempted.
So I guess for now, I’ll just have to be happy with these Lemon Chick Peeper Cookies instead of the real chicks.
With just 3 ingredients, you can whip up these lemon cookies in a flash. Just like the Mini Funfetti Sandwich Cookies, I started with a cake mix, Lemon of course, and added eggs and oil.
After the cookies are mixed the dough will be very thick, cookie like. Roll the dough into balls and place on the cookie sheet. I used a 2 tablespoon cookie dough scoop for the body and the same for the head but then pinched off about 1/4 of the dough, rolled and placed it right next to the body. Be sure that they are touching.
After the cookies are baked, which takes about 10 minutes, immediately add the orange Tic-Tac for the nose and mini Chocolate Chips for the eyes.
I just adore the little feathers on his head! A little yellow and white frosting, a decorator bag fitted with a #4 Tip and you have the cutest feathers ever! What do you think of these Lemon Chick Pepper Cookies?
- 1 Lemon Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- Yellow coloring ,optional
- Eyes - mini chocolate chips
- Beak - orange Tic-Tacs
- Yellow and White Frosting - very small amount of each
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, oil and eggs
- Mix until well combined -batter is very thick, like dough
- Add Yellow coloring if you want your chicks brighter - I did not use any
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray
- Roll 2 balls of dough for 1 chick - 1 ball larger than the other
- Place on cookie sheet with smaller ball touching the larger ball
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies just start to brown
- Remove from oven and immediately add eyes and beak
- Place on cooling rack
- Color frosting dark yellow and place in decorator bag fitted with a #4 tip
- Fill another decorator bag with white frosting and fit with a #4 tip
- Pipe on yellow feathers by squeezing a little frosting out of the tip and pulling away
- Add a few white feathers, and finish with a few more yellow feathers