These delicious Chocolate Hazelnut Cupcakes with Sweet Cream Frosting have a few ingredients including a surprise ingredient that adds a creamy flavor! The frosting is over the top delicious!
Now that Summer is officially over, it’s time to move onto the best baking season of the year! I know…I know…what about Christmas baking? For me, I have to honest, I love Fall Baking more than Christmas baking. Now don’t get me wrong, I love a decorated sugar cookie just as much as everyone else, but there are so many other things to do during the holidays – shopping, wrapping, parties, the list goes on and on.
With the weather cooling down, it’s time to fire up the oven and get baking. These Chocolate Hazelnut Cupcakes are a must make! And yes, you guessed it – they are super easy.
The Chocolate Hazelnut Cupcakes start with a box mix. I used Devil’s Food, but you could use any chocolate you like or even Gluten-Free cake mix. Then I added a small box of instant chocolate pudding to add a rich flavor, the usual ingredients – 4 room temperature eggs and 1/2 cup oil. Then the surprising, really easy way to add flavor – International Delight ® Toasted Hazelnut. As you know, I am a huge fan of the International Delight Coffee Creamers. Not only in our coffee, but in many of the desserts, cupcakes, and sweet treats that I have shared with you. And adding the creamer to cupcakes is the easiest way to add more flavor.
Now the frosting – OH this frosting! I could have (or maybe did) eaten it by the spoonful. It’s light, yet rich. It’s creamy, and full of flavor. It has only 3 ingredients and is super easy to make.
The Sweet Cream Frosting was delicious on the Chocolate Hazelnut Cupcakes, and goes perfect on a wide variety of cupcakes and desserts.
To frost the cupcakes, I used a #1M decorator tip fitted in a decorator bag and swirled the frosting on. The frosting is nice and firm and holds up well to decorating. Then a few chopped hazelnuts for a little crunch.
Visit the International Delight to share in your Delightful Moments
For giveaways and coupons, sign up for the International Delight Newsletter. It’s FREE!
- 1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix or other chocolate cake mix
- 1 small box instant chocolate pudding
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup oil, canola or vegetable
- 1 cup International Delight Toasted Hazelnut
Sweet Cream Frosting
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup International Delight Sweet Cream Creamer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and add liners to pan
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well
- Note: batter is a little thicker than normal because of the pudding
- Divide batter into cupcake liners using a scoop or spoon
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Cool completely
- In a large bowl, cream butter until smooth
- Alternating powdered sugar and creamer, add gradually mixing well after each addition
- Add frosting to decorator bag fitted with a #1M tip
- Swirl on frosting
- Top with chopped hazelnuts if desired
This conversation is sponsored by International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.